Billing issue

Aracelis L Rivera 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T19:43:42.16+00:00

I purchased Microsoft 365 thru Best Buy when I purchased my laptop, however I can not download it. It keeps asking me if I would like to try 30 days trial free.

I would like to be able to contact someone by PHONE regarding this issue

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. AI answer

    2026-09-29T19:44:03.3633333+00:00

    If Microsoft 365 was purchased through Best Buy, Microsoft cannot manage that subscription’s billing. For download and product key details from a third-party purchase, contact the retailer directly.

    For installation, first check whether the purchase included a product key. If it did, redeem it at https://microsoft365.com/setup by signing in with a Microsoft account and entering the key. After redemption, the license is linked to that account and Microsoft 365 can then be installed.

    If the purchase was already linked to a Microsoft account, sign in to Services & subscriptions and look for the Microsoft 365 purchase, then select Install.

    If Microsoft 365 keeps offering only the 30-day trial, that usually means the purchase has not yet been redeemed to the correct Microsoft account, or the retailer must provide the download/redemption details.

    For phone or live support from Microsoft, use Contact Microsoft Support, enter the issue, select Get Help, then Contact Support. In support flow examples, selecting Microsoft 365 and Office and a subscription-related category can route to chat or callback options. If phone support is not shown immediately, support hours can affect availability.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.