Email in Quarantine was Denied Release

Kinga 0 Reputation points
2026-09-28T18:05:00.94+00:00

I am conversing through my work account with another researcher in a different organization, they have sent me code through an attachment. This went into quarantine and when I requested release it got denied with no explanation why. I need this email for work, but there is no way now for me to access it. I need to release this email.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft 365 Defender | Other | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Brian Tillman 27,405 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-28T18:43:23.08+00:00

    Hi. I'm Brian and I'll try to help.

    If this is a company account, in general, Microsoft does not control the operation of the email system. That should be in the purview of the tenant administrator and that's whom you should contact.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.