Microsoft Office sign in

Jay Apking 0 Reputation points
2026-09-28T14:30:20.3233333+00:00

I paid to update my microsoft office account, but my old computer was too old to take an update. I bought a new computer, but I still cannot sign into my account.

I have proof of purchase, but need to get into Word and cannot.

Can I please talke to someone on the phone who can guide me?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | MacOS
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 937K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-28T15:05:40.08+00:00

    1

    Close any open Office apps.

    Use the steps provided on this link to remove the Office licence from your Apple Mac.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365-activation-licensing/how-to-remove-office-license-files-on-a-mac

    Then log back into one of the Office apps with the Microsoft account you used to purchase the Microsoft 365 subscription.

    2

    If that does not resolve the problem, log into your Microsoft account on this link, is your Office licence listed correctly there, or if that is a subscription, check the expiry date listed on your subscription, is that listed correctly.

    https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    If not, go to the Billing section, is it indicated your payment has been processed correctly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Stefan Blom 353.8K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-28T19:10:41.4566667+00:00

    How did you purchase Office? From the App Store or directly from Microsoft?

    Which specific product did you purchase? A subscription can always be installed on a new device, but note that you must use the account, you can't reuse the product key.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.