WORD APP IS FREEZING ON IPAD PRO FOR SEVERAL DAYS NOW.

James Oelschlager 10 Reputation points
2026-09-27T13:41:11.8933333+00:00

I use the word app from Microsoft 365 on my iPad Pro has the latest updates and is only six months old, the newest version. Initially, it seemed to be having trouble syncing with OneDrive with the OneDrive icon spinning constantly. Now it is just freezing up in Word and requires you to shut the system down, and I lose what I'm typing. It's extremely frustrating. I've tried the suggestions of making sure it's not just one document, it isn't, it happens in all documents. Have also done the reset as recommended by Microsoft. deleted the apps, the word as well as OneDrive, and I don't seem to be able to have a good work around at this point. HELP

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS_726 30,260 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-03T00:05:03.5566667+00:00

    Hello,

    This appears to be an emerging issue with Office product on iPad/iPhone after the recent updates. I am seeing multiple users reporting the same behavior: Office app gets stuck while saving, changes may not be retained, and it can happen whether the file is stored locally or in OneDrive/other cloud storage.

    I haven't found an official Microsoft acknowledgement or fix yet.

    As a temporary workaround, if possible, try opening the workbook using Office app for the web in Safari or Chrome. Other affected users have reported that the browser version is still able to save normally.

    Please also make sure you use the in-app Help & Feedback feature to report this bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. James Oelschlager 10 Reputation points
    2026-09-29T00:01:48.77+00:00

    What is the $200 upgrade for WORD? I also tried the AIRPLANE MODE that they made itnsoumd like it would be the ultimate fix if needed. It did not work for me. I am running the 27.0.1 IPADOS and I did just notice that they had another update available to fix some of the bugs and just did that half hour ago, thought maybe that would do it, but it's still doing the same. I'm having to instead use a DELL computer for WORD at this point.

    Maybe now that APPLE had the additional update to fix bugs I will retry to implement the steps they originally suggested regarding reset word and credential sign ins again.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.