Calendar search start date

Rob Mekken 0 Reputation points
2026-09-27T12:47:20.75+00:00

When I do a search in my Calendar it will only show me the results for the last 6 months. When I want to search for older events I have to manually change the year in the from date field at the top right. But as soon as I hit search again with the same or another value it jumps back to the date 6 months earlier.

I regularly need to check old meetings so it would be great if I could set a preference value for the search period. Or, it already would be  agreat help that when I change the from date manually it just stay on  that date until I change it again or restart Outlook.

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Liora 2,080 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-27T14:27:50.8333333+00:00

    Dear @Rob Mekken,

    I hope you’re having a good day. 

    I completely understand your frustration because I have been able to reproduce similar behavior myself, and I found that other Outlook for Mac users have been reporting the same limitation for quite some time. The common complaint is exactly what you described: calendar searches tend to be limited to recent history, and if you manually extend the search period to find older meetings, Outlook does not remember that choice and reverts back on the next search.
    For reference: Outlook for Mac - Calendar only searches the last 6 months or so? - Microsoft Q&A

    After researching this further, I unfortunately could not find any setting in New Outlook for Mac that allows users to permanently change the default calendar search window or instruct Outlook to remember the last selected From date between searches. Microsoft's search documentation describes the available search capabilities, but I could not find a supported option for configuring a persistent default search period for calendar searches.

    From a user perspective, I agree this can be very inconvenient. If you regularly need to look up historical meetings, having to manually adjust the date range every time you perform a new search quickly becomes tedious and time-consuming.

    Because this appears to be a limitation of the current product behavior rather than a configurable setting, I would encourage you to submit feedback directly to the Outlook team through: Help > Feedback

    User's image

    I would specifically mention that Outlook should either remember the last manually selected search date range or provide an option to configure a default calendar search period. I believe both of those suggestions would significantly improve the experience for users who frequently work with historical calendar data.

    Thank you again for bringing this up. I sincerely hope Microsoft continues listening to customer feedback on this topic, as this is clearly affecting multiple users and has been raised by the community for some time.

    I wish you all the best, and I hope a future update makes this behavior more flexible and user-friendly.

    Warm regards,  


    If the answer is helpful, please select "Yes, accept answer". If you have any questions or new updates, please feel free to comment below.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.