Word does not save to my desktop

Noeline van den Berg 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T23:19:15.1533333+00:00

Once I have a saved Word document, and I make a change, hit command s it looks like it saves and when i close it asks again if i want to save, never saving. Word will ot save anywhere on my mac desktop.

I am using docs that I hae had for years and now it won't save after I make changes

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | MacOS

14 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Noeline van den Berg 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T19:51:45.7+00:00

    At last someone from Microsft called me and after two hours he couldn't figure it out and has promised to call mme in 48 hous again. tx for your assistance, i didn't realise this was not a chat. tx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Noeline van den Berg 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T04:26:00.7033333+00:00

    Hi, please asvise if someone is still on this case

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Noeline van den Berg 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T03:50:46.43+00:00

    Hi i am still here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Noeline van den Berg 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T03:11:29.7933333+00:00

    Just to let you know the message on PPT is different, it just The presetation cannot be saved. This when i go back into a newly created ppt. there is no option block that says, save, canel etc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Noeline van den Berg 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T03:03:04.5533333+00:00

    The problem remains

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.