Missing Surface Pen from Replacement Order [moderator's note: PII removed]

VeeHaa 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T03:20:23.3+00:00

Hello,

This relates to my previous service order [moderator's note: PII removed]. The keyboard was faulty, and when I sent the Surface in for repair/replacement, I sent the bundled Surface Pen inside the original Surface box together with the device.

I have now received the replacement Surface from Microsoft, but the Surface Pen was not included in the returned package.

Could you please locate and return my original Surface Pen, or arrange for a replacement pen to be sent to me? Otherwise please contact me or allow me to email Microsoft support, I really can't seem to find a way to contact you.

Thank you.

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Vikki-T 11,885 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-25T07:59:50.2566667+00:00

    For your privacy and security, I have covered the personal information included in your post. Please avoid sharing any personal or sensitive information publicly, such as serial numbers, order details, email addresses, phone numbers, or case-related information.


    Hi VeeHaa,

    I understand how concerning it is to receive the replacement Surface and discover that the Surface Pen you included in the original package is missing.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum, so community members and moderators cannot access service order details, locate items at a repair center, or arrange shipment of a replacement Pen. This will need to be reviewed directly by Microsoft Surface Support.

    Please sign in to the Microsoft account Devices page, select the Surface associated with the service order, and check its service details. You can also open the Get Help app, describe the issue as “Surface Pen missing from returned service package,” and select Contact Support when that option appears. If you are first connected to the automated Support Assistant, type “I need to speak with a live support agent about a missing accessory from a Surface service order.” Then select Contact Support or the available option to speak with a support representative.

    When speaking with the support agent, provide the service order number, the Surface serial number, the delivery or tracking information, and any photos or documents showing what was included in the original shipment. Microsoft’s packing guidance generally advises removing accessories such as a Surface Pen unless the service instructions specifically ask for them, so the outcome will depend on the service-order records and what the repair center can verify.

    If you encounter any difficulty contacting Support or do not see the option to reach a live agent, feel free to reply here and let me know what options appear on your screen. I’ll do my best to guide you from there.

    I hope the support team can review the shipment records and clarify what options are available for the missing Pen. Thank you so much for your understanding.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.