Authenticator app loop

Pranav Vohra 0 Reputation points
2026-09-22T09:05:13.96+00:00

Hi,

I uninstalled my authenticator app over the weekend assuming it’s not needed not. Apparently it was supporting my outlook and teams on phone. Now I can’t sign in on outlook and teams on phone because reinstalling the app says it keeps it’s sending a code on authenticator which of course I don’t have. What do I do? I very much have access to my mail and teams my laptop. This is a work email and we don’t have an IT

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Heimerdinger 630 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-22T09:27:07.77+00:00

    Hi @Pranav Vohra, 

    Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum. 

    I’m very sorry to hear about your situation. Regarding that you’re unable to log in to your account.  

    I’d like to ask a quick questions to better understand your situation and assist you effectively:               

    Could you also confirm whether you purchased the Microsoft 365 Business subscription yourself, or if this work account was provided to you by your organization? This information will help determine the appropriate recovery options and who may be able to assist with resetting access to the account.      

    Could you please clarify whether you are an end user or an admin?               

    If you are an end user I would recommend you contact your account's Admin to reset your MFA settings through the Microsoft Entra Admin Center. Ask your administrator to follow these steps:                  

    Revoke MFA sessions and require re-register in the Microsoft Entra admin center         

    1. Sign in to Microsoft Entra admin center with the admin account   
    2. Go to Users   
    3. Select the affected user account   
    4. Open Authentication methods   
    5. Revoke sessions   
    6. Select Require re‑register MFA   
    7. Save the changes                 

    Revoke MFA sessions and require re-register in the Microsoft Entra admin center                

     User's image

      

    You could provide your admin this article for a better view: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID |…               

    If you’re unsure who the Global Admin is within your organization, you can find guidance on locating them here: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support.     

    Please note that I'm also a user so I don’t have access to user accounts and cannot assist with actions such as password resets, login changes, or account recovery.              

    Thank you again for your time and understanding. I really appreciate your patience, and I’m here to help. Looking forward to your response.                       

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.