Formal complaint - wrongful suspension and inadequate support handling - Valtora Finance account

Ben Ac 0 Reputation points
2026-09-21T15:49:42.0366667+00:00

Hello,

I am writing to make a formal complaint regarding the wrongful suspension of my Microsoft Advertising account (account name: Valtora Finance; registered to Valtora FZE; email: ******@gmail.com), and the way my support enquiry was handled.

The suspension. My account was suspended shortly after I created it. I was told via your virtual agent that this was because the account was "linked to a previous account that had been closed for policy violations," and that the closure is permanent and not eligible for appeal.

This determination is factually wrong. To state it plainly:

    1.    This is the first and only Microsoft Advertising account I have ever created. I have never previously held or operated any Microsoft Advertising account, under any name, entity, or email address.

    2.    The only action I took on the account was keyword research using Microsoft's own Keyword Planner. I launched no campaign and submitted no ad.

    3.    All identity and business information provided is accurate.

I can only conclude that your system has made an automated linked-account match on a shared signal - such as an IP address, device, or payment method - and has wrongly attributed a closed account to me. I have never held such an account.

The handling. When I raised this, I was given repeated generic responses and assurances that my case had been "thoroughly investigated," without any explanation of what specifically links my account to a supposedly closed one. I was told the matter was permanent and non-appealable, and my request for a human review was not actioned. This is not an acceptable standard of review for a decision that permanently closes a business account.

What I am requesting:

    1.    A formal manual review of the linked-account determination by a human reviewer.

    2.    Disclosure of the specific signal your system believes links my account to a previously closed account, so it can be examined and corrected.

    3.    Reinstatement of the account if, as I am confident, the review confirms this is a legitimate first-time account wrongly flagged.

    4.    Confirmation of the correct formal appeals channel if this is not it.

I am willing to provide any identity verification or business documentation required to confirm the account is legitimate and that I have no prior account history.

I expect a substantive response addressing the specific points above, rather than a general restatement of policy. Please treat this as a formal complaint.

Ben A.

Valtora Finance

Microsoft Advertising | Accounts, profiles, and login | Account access
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. MS Advertising - Chris 0 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-21T16:50:34.6533333+00:00

    Hello Ben,

    Thank you for using our Microsoft Advertising Learn Q&A Platform!

    I understand your frustration regarding the suspension of your account and appreciate you clearly outlining the circumstances surrounding the account, as well as your concerns regarding the linked-account determination and support experience.

    After reviewing your message, I would like to clarify that Microsoft Advertising Support is unable to submit an appeal on your behalf. If you believe your account has been incorrectly associated with a previously suspended account, please refer to the account suspension email you received. Within that email, you should see a "Submit Appeal" link.

    By selecting this link, you will be guided through the Advertiser Identity Verification process and have the opportunity to submit an appeal for a manual review of your account. If you are confident that your account is not linked to any suspended account, we strongly encourage you to complete this process and provide any supporting documentation that may help validate the legitimacy of your business and account.

    Please note that the Advertiser Identity Verification process must be completed before you can submit an appeal for manual review. If the verification remains incomplete, the appeal option will not be available for processing.

    Additionally, the appeal process is not an automated review. Once submitted, your appeal will be evaluated by our dedicated review team, who will manually assess the information provided and determine whether the suspension was applied appropriately.

    The typical review timeframe is 3 to 5 business days, although processing times may vary depending on review volume and the complexity of the investigation.

    We appreciate your willingness to provide additional verification and documentation. Completing the appeal process through the suspension email is the appropriate channel to ensure your concerns receive a thorough review by the team responsible for account suspension decisions.

    You may find the following Microsoft Advertising help article useful, as it provides additional information about the Advertiser Identity Verification process, including the list of accepted documents that can be submitted to verify your account.

    Advertiser Identity Verification

    Thank you for your understanding, and we appreciate your patience throughout the review process.

    Kind regards,
    Chris | Microsoft Advertising Support Specialist | 1-800-518-5689

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.