Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
same issue here. I'll just keep hitting Not Now until it magically goes away
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Recently and when signing into my email, the system persistently prompts me to review my recovery methods, even though I've done it numerous times.
How do I get out of this annoying loop?
Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
same issue here. I'll just keep hitting Not Now until it magically goes away
Hi John, As noted in my original question, I get the pop-up prompt after logging into my Hotmail/Outlook account. I don't see it now but I had included a screen print of the pop-up. It takes me to the appropriate setting page where all of the recovery methods are shown. Also as noted in my origianal question, I've reviewed the recovery stuff many times and still get this persistent prompt.
OK ... I got another screen shot. See below. Like I said, I get it constantly.
Hi, @v j
Thanks for the screenshot. That helps. Since your recovery methods are already listed and current, the repeated prompt should not normally keep appearing after every sign-in.
To narrow down whether this is browser-related or tied to the account:
If it only happens in one browser, try clearing the cookies/site data for Microsoft/Outlook sign-in pages, then sign in again.
If it happens across different browsers and devices, that points more toward the reminder being stuck on the Microsoft account side rather than a browser issue.
Click "Add comment" to let me know.
Thanks!
My guess is that Outlook Web is looking for some kind of marker in your browser local storage that indicates you have already completed the check. If it doesn't find it, you get prompted.
My Testing
Using a Private/Incognito session to outlook.com.
Using a Private/Incognito session to https://account.live.com/
I appreciate all the comments/responses.
In response to Hornblower409's comment that it's my browser, I did state early on that it made no differene whiat browser I was using or if I was in private mode.
In response to thesimslover298-36's comment and as Hornblower409 noted above, it's a dup; however, I did already try making some change (and reverting it later) but it made no difference.
However, the pop-up's have stopped happening consistently and now happens most of the time, instead of all the time. Mabye it will eventually go away, as Javier Luna noted above.
Hi all,
I was finally able to resolve the issue today. My issue began last week, and the prompts would often reappear even after I closed them while remaining in Outlook on the web. This occurred in multiple browsers.
As shown in my screenshot below, all of my sign-in and verification methods were already marked as Up to date, yet I continued receiving the recovery notice. Signing out of my Microsoft account did not help either, as the issue persisted after I signed back in.
While using the regular Outlook on the web session, not a private browsing session, I removed my recovery email address and that immediately resolved the problem. I even added back the same email address, and the prompts still have not returned.
I cannot say with certainty why this worked, but it appears that making a change to the recovery information may have cleared whatever was causing the notification to appear.
Hopefully this helps anyone experiencing the same issue.