Microsoft Advertising account automatically rejected after Google Ads import – requesting manual review

Jason P 0 Reputation points
2026-09-08T20:41:14.4133333+00:00

I created my Microsoft Advertising account using the Google Ads import process. The account was automatically rejected during advertiser identity verification before I was able to resolve the business information.

My business has valid registration documentation, including registered trade names, and I can provide all supporting documents privately to Microsoft Support.

I believe some of the account information may have been carried over automatically during the Google Ads import and may not match the format Microsoft expects for advertiser verification.

Could someone please advise how I can have the account manually reviewed and securely submit my supporting business documentation?

I do not want to post account numbers, addresses, or business documents publicly.

Microsoft Advertising | Accounts, profiles, and login | Account access
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. MS Advertising - Marvin 160 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-08T20:46:42.38+00:00

    Hello Jason P,

    Thank you for using our Microsoft Advertising Learn Q&A Platform!

     I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing, and I appreciate your proactive communication about the issue as I see how important it is to get your access back on your account.

    Generally, there could be several reasons why our system would suspend an account. While I can’t disclose specific reasons for account suspensions due to security protocols, I’ve summarized common areas where accounts might not comply with our advertising policies. Please see a list of important policies below to ensure you are following them:

    Please note that under the Digital Services Act (DSA), all customers are eligible to appeal their account status up to six months after their account status change. Customers will receive an email notification indicating the reason for their account status change with an option to appeal.

    If you have received the email, please proceed by submitting your appeal. You may need to complete the Advertiser Identity Verification (AIV) at first, before an appeal the account suspension decision. To learn more about AIV, I recommend checking the extended help article on this forum platform, as well as the relevant help pages shared below. Please note that you may need to complete AIV up to three times.

    Our support teams are pleased to engage in more in-depth discussions about your account through phone, chat, or email to offer review assistance, please see our support page to reach out!

    I trust that the details shared here will partially address your inquiry. Should you have any further questions, feel free to contact our support. Additionally, I’ve sent you a private message requesting additional information. Please don’t hesitate to reply if you require further assistance.

     

    Kind regards, 

    Marvin | Microsoft Advertising Support Specialist | 800-518-5689

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Jason P 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-08T21:03:30.0266667+00:00

    I was on the support page. There was no help provided. They also said a manager would reach out. When no one reached out I contacted support again and they told me they don’t reach out. So I was lied to.

    I want someone to actually verify it manually. Each time it was verified with AI I am assuming because the emails were 1 minute apart. No way someone could manually do it. I own a service business and do well with Google but want a cheaper option with Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.