Urgent: Microsoft Family Organizer Account Compromised, Recovery Email Changed

Not disclosed 0 Reputation points
2026-09-06T20:16:21.6133333+00:00

Hello,

I need help recovering my Microsoft Family Organizer account.

The organizer account was a Hotmail account. After I unknowingly provided a Microsoft verification code to someone through a Minecraft-related scam, I lost access to the account.

The issues I'm experiencing are:

The original Hotmail address now shows:

"We couldn't find a Microsoft account."

My Minecraft account is no longer accessible.

The Microsoft Family members linked to the organizer account were removed.

Family Safety is still controlling one of my laptops, but screen-time requests are sent to the organizer account that I can no longer access.

  • During recovery attempts, Microsoft offered to send a verification code to an email address ending in:

    pl*****@autosecurebyme.click

    This email address does not belong to me and I believe it was added by the attacker. Please advise what to do, thanks.
Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | Other | Other
Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | Other | Other

A free app and service that helps families create healthy digital habits and stay connected. It’s designed to support both online safety and real-world awareness by offering tools for screen time management, content filtering, and location sharing

0 comments No comments

4 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ben4724 4,645 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-08T20:18:00.9733333+00:00

    You're very welcome! I hope it works out. If you run into any issues along the way, feel free to reply here and I'll do the best of my knowledge to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Ben4724 4,645 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-08T08:27:18.17+00:00

    You're welcome. Unfortunately, I'm also just a fellow Microsoft Community member, so I don't have access to your account to view any details.

    It is normal that the form will not detect the email specially if the hacker has deleted it already, you should reach the form below if you have followed the Microsoft guide for hacked accounts:

    Microsoft Account Recovery Form

    Although the form is hosted on the Xbox Support site, it's available to all Microsoft account holders, not just Xbox users.

    After submitting it, you should receive an email response within 4 hours at the latest. The recovery team can then work with you to verify ownership and address the compromised account.

    I hope the team can help you regain access!

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Not disclosed 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-07T10:53:15.2733333+00:00

    Hi there,

    Thanks. But unfortunately we couldn't follow the Microsoft's guide and instruction, it just said The original Hotmail address shows:

    "We couldn't find a Microsoft account."

    Username not found

    *Sorry, we were unable to recognize the email you entered as a valid Microsoft account.

    *Recovering the original organizer account or our account is the priority, but I couldn't find a way to request this. Will you know how can I find an agent who could attend to this?
    Also, is there any payment details linked to the original organizer account and able to be used by attacked do you know? Many thanks for your time.

    Best regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Ben4724 4,645 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-06T20:55:29.37+00:00

    Hi there! Sorry to hear that your Microsoft account was compromised. Based on what you've described, it sounds like the attacker may have changed the account's security information and removed the original recovery options.

    If the hacker changed the email address or security information and you can no longer sign in, the best next step is to follow Microsoft’s guide for a hacked or compromised account:

    Microsoft account hacked or compromised

    About your Family settings, recovering the original organizer account or your account should be the priority. Once the account is recovered, you can review the family group and restore the appropriate members/settings. So long as you recover your account, the rest will follow and you'll also retrieve your Minecraft account.

    I hope you're able to recover your account following the Microsoft help page above!

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.