Trying to create an account for my kid, but account creation has been blocked for a week

Beth 0 Reputation points
2026-08-29T12:06:11.8+00:00

I am trying to create a Microsoft account for my kid so she can make her own Minecraft world instead of using mine. I tried to make an account with her icloud email, but it said account creation blocked. I waited 6 days and tried again, but got the same message.

What do I do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | Other | Other
Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | Other | Other

A free app and service that helps families create healthy digital habits and stay connected. It’s designed to support both online safety and real-world awareness by offering tools for screen time management, content filtering, and location sharing

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-08-29T12:44:28.37+00:00

    Hi,

    I’ll walk you through a few steps to narrow down the cause of the issue. Some of these steps are diagnostic and may not fix the problem immediately, so please don’t be concerned if nothing changes after a particular step. We’ll continue with the remaining steps until we identify and resolve the issue.

    This issue is typically related to an IP address block, so let’s first rule that out:

    Have you tried restarting your router once? This may assign you a fresh public IP address.

    Try creating the account using an InPrivate/Incognito window in your browser. In most browsers, you can open this with Ctrl + Shift + N.

    If the issue persists, try using a different browser, such as Firefox.

    As a final test, try creating the account on your phone while connected to your 5G/mobile data network. Once created, sign in to that account on your computer.

    I look forward to hearing back from you with the results of these steps so we can determine the next course of action.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.