update payment credit card information

Tom Mura-Admin 0 Reputation points
2026-05-18T20:45:44.1366667+00:00

how to update automatic payment credit card information

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Other

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 89,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-05-18T22:52:28.1466667+00:00

    Hi, I'm John! I will help you with this.

    You can do that easily by following these steps:

    Reference: "Update a Microsoft account payment method" https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/update-a-microsoft-account-payment-method-2ca44141-c10d-a693-7ea6-3a22f5213283


    If issue persists, to help narrow down the issue:

    1. Are you getting any specific error messages when trying to update payment method?
    2. Do you currently have an active Microsoft 365 subscription linked to this account?
    3. Was your Microsoft 365 subscription originally purchased in a different country or region?

    Click "Add comment" to let me know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. SERGE MADJOU 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-07T09:21:37.7566667+00:00

    I’m experiencing the same issue. I originally purchased my Microsoft 365 subscription in another country and now need to update my payment details. However, every card I try is rejected, and I see this message: “Make sure the information in all fields is correct, or try another card.”

    I’ve checked the details several times and tried multiple cards, but I still can’t update my payment method.

    Was this answer helpful?

  3. AI answer

    2026-05-18T20:45:52.5833333+00:00

    To update the automatic payment credit card for a Microsoft 365 subscription (business account), update the payment method that’s associated with the subscription.

    Follow these steps:

    1. Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=2024339 and sign in with an admin account.
    2. Depending on the view:
      • Simplified view: Select the Products tab, then select View payment methods.
      • Dashboard view: Go to Bills & payments and select the Payment methods tab.
    3. Find the payment method (credit/debit card) that’s currently used for your subscription.
    4. Select the More actions button (three dots) for that payment method, then select Edit.
    5. In the Edit payment method pane, update the card details (name, billing address, expiration date). The card number itself can’t be changed; if the number changed, add a different payment method and move the subscription to it, then delete the old one.
    6. Enter the security code when prompted, then select Save.

    After saving, that updated payment method will continue to be used for automatic recurring payments on any subscriptions linked to it.

    If the card number itself changed and you need to replace it entirely, add a new payment method and then replace the old one so all active subscriptions move to the new card.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?