Hacker purged inbox & deleted items – Need backend restoration of deleted emails

Bora Yıldırım 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T20:35:16.5033333+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community and Support Specialists,

Earlier today, my account (******@outlook.com) was compromised by an unauthorized intruder who deliberately wiped my emails to cover their tracks.

What happened:

  • The hacker emptied my Inbox and purged my Deleted Items / Recoverable Items folders.

I have already regained control of the account, updated my password, and secured Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).

Those purged emails contain critical purchase receipts, invoice IDs, and transaction records needed to recover my hijacked gaming accounts (EA, Epic Games, Steam).

Live Support Attempt & Deadlock: I contacted Microsoft Support via live chat. The advisor told me that general support cannot restore mailbox data and instructed me to reach the dedicated Outlook.com support team using the in-app help steps:

Sign in to [outlook web]

Click Help > Help

Search for "Contact Support"

Select Yes under "Still need help?"

Click "Chat with Support Agent"

I ended the general chat and followed these exact steps on the web app. Unfortunately, no human agent is available, and the automated system continuously loops through generic self-help articles without connecting me to a live person.

My Request: Since the in-app support path is unreachable and client-side recovery tools show no data, how can I request a backend server restore for my purged emails from Microsoft engineering/data protection teams before the backup retention expires?

Can a Microsoft Moderator or Community Specialist please escalate this case or provide a direct escalation channel for recovering purged mailbox data following an account compromise?

Thank you for your assistance.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Lucus-V 13,895 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-10-11T18:54:19.7366667+00:00

Hi Bora Yıldırım,

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your account. I can understand how distressing it must be to regain access to your account only to discover that important emails containing receipts, invoices, and other records were removed, especially when those messages may be needed to recover other accounts.

Unfortunately, this is a public Microsoft Q&A community forum. Community members and moderators here do not have access to Outlook.com mailbox data, cannot review the contents of personal mailboxes, cannot submit backend mailbox restoration requests, and cannot escalate cases directly to Microsoft engineering or data recovery teams.

I also understand your frustration after already attempting to contact support and being unable to reach a live representative through the available support channels. Unfortunately, no one participating in this forum has the ability to bypass those support processes or initiate a mailbox recovery request on your behalf.

Given the circumstances, your best option is to continue working through Microsoft's official support channels for Outlook.com and explain that the mailbox data was removed following an account compromise. While we sincerely hope there may still be options available, the community cannot verify the availability of any backend recovery process or arrange such a recovery.

I am truly sorry that we cannot provide a more direct solution in this situation, and I wish you the very best with both your mailbox recovery efforts and the recovery of your affected gaming accounts.

Kind regards.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.