I don't understand the new one drive!

Carey Baff 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T15:27:46.44+00:00

I have used a personal one drive account for a few years and keep all my docs on it. Recently I uploaded some photos, some from one drive and some from a memory card, I put to save them to one drive, but they did not go to my personal account and I can't see how to transfer them to my personal account. I tried downloading them, but had to do this one at a time so time consuming. How can I just save to my personal onedrive?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Craig Long 18,745 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T23:03:59.92+00:00

    If you have set up both accounts on your computer, sign in to the account that has the files you want to move. Your OneDrive files are located in your OneDrive folder.

    If they show up as blue cloud icons, set them to "Always available". See this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzIA9uykIhE&t=43s

    Copy the files you want to move to an external drive and eject the drive. Now, sign in to your other account on your computer and copy the files from the external drive to OneDrive.

    If you want to transfer files from a business account to a personal account or vice versa, it's easy. See this: https://youtu.be/iRQWD0rdRTw?t=19

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Stefan Blom 353.8K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-05T20:06:00.33+00:00

    I did download [...] from a memory card, and saved them to OneDrive but seemingly not my personal OneDrive (I didn't know there were different ones). I am trying to transfer them to my personal OneDrive, the only way I have found to do this is to put the picture into an album then download it and them save the download to my personal account. Not only is this tedious but when I then delete it from the other OneDrive it is deleted from my personal account. Having found there was a problem I have saved something from an external hard drive, not using the OneDrive option but I have tried downloading the pictures from the memory card again and they are not accepted because they are already on OneDrive.

    Your observation is correct. There is no way to copy files between OneDrive accounts. You have to download them and upload them to the correct OneDrive account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Manoel Barros 22,240 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T16:26:34.8166667+00:00

    Hi!

    From what I understand, you are trying to upload images from the memory card, correct?

    Have you tried uploading images from another device as well, such as an external hard drive, USB flash drive, mobile phone, etc.?

    Are you uploading the images via OneDrive Web, OneDrive Desktop, or OneDrive Mobile?

    If the issue only occurs with files from the memory card, try the following test:

    • Copy a few images from the memory card to your computer (for example, to the Pictures folder).
    • Then, upload the images you copied to the Pictures folder to OneDrive. Check if it works and if they appear in your personal account.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.