My Gmail account is lost, and that Gmail account was signed in to Microsoft Office on my laptop. I no longer have access to that Gmail account. I want to transfer the Microsoft Office account associated with that Gmail to another Gmail account. Is that po

BISWAJIT BISWAL 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T10:43:19.4133333+00:00

My Gmail account is lost, and that Gmail account was signed in to Microsoft Office on my laptop. I no longer have access to that Gmail account. I want to transfer the Microsoft Office account associated with that Gmail to another Gmail account. Is that possible? If it is, please help me with it because I really need it. I would really appreciate your help. If possible, you can also help me with it

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lucus-V 13,645 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-05T16:50:30.5566667+00:00

    Hi BISWAJIT BISWAL,

    I'm sorry to hear that you've lost access to your Gmail account.

    If your Microsoft 365/Office license is linked to a Microsoft account that uses that Gmail address, it usually cannot be transferred directly to a completely different Microsoft account. However, if you're still signed in to the Microsoft account on your laptop, you may not need to transfer anything.

    In many cases, you can simply add a new email address to the existing Microsoft account and make it your preferred sign-in address while keeping your Office license, files, and subscriptions associated with the same account.

    Could you let us know whether you are still signed in to Office on your laptop (for example, Word or Excel), and whether you can access your Microsoft account settings? That information will help us point you in the right direction.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.