Microsoft account creation is blocked for my existing Gmail address

Shaikh Mudassir 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T06:56:24.47+00:00

I am unable to create a Microsoft account using my existing Gmail address.

When I try to sign in, Microsoft says: “We couldn't find an account with that username.”

However, when I try to create a new Microsoft account using the same Gmail address, account creation is blocked.

I have already tried for 2–3 weeks with gaps between attempts and have tried different browsers, devices, and networks.

I have also contacted Microsoft Support previously, but the issue remains unresolved.

I need this Microsoft account to redeem a 50% Microsoft Virtual Training Day discount for the SC-200 certification exam.

Please advise whether this Gmail address is permanently unavailable for Microsoft account creation or whether the account-creation restriction can be investigated.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. GsN5034 - IA 78,085 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T07:48:39.1966667+00:00

    Hello,

    Are you able to create a new Microsoft account using a different email address instead of your existing Gmail address? This will help determine whether the issue is with the account creation process or whether that specific Gmail address has been blocked.


    This issue is usually related to the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to. For example, its IP address may have been temporarily restricted from creating new Microsoft accounts.

    If you’re using a VPN, temporarily disable it, then try creating the Microsoft account again.

    Based on your description, it appears you’ve already tried different Wi-Fi networks, web browsers, and devices with your existing Gmail address, but you're still being blocked from creating a new account. So,

    You can also try using the Outlook or OneDrive app on your mobile device to create the Microsoft account instead of using a web browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.