Can’t log in with pin after changing password

Christine Marchell 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T23:07:24.0333333+00:00

I can’t log in on my desktop using my pin. And it won’t give me a chance to use my password. I thought I was being hacked and changed my PW but not the pin.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Christine Marchell 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T16:27:44.1366667+00:00

    The message I get is something like contact admin to to unlock computer. But I am the admin and I don’t know what to do. I have since performed two pc resets, one local and one from the cloud. Still get the same message. IMG_1489.jpeg.

    a little history: on Saturday I was checking email and some financial stuff and started getting pop up windows with “alarming” messages that I had been hacked which I assumed were a scam to get personal info but they wouldn’t stop. I got AI info about changing security settings and I think something I did is now causing this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. SD - IA 180.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T11:10:40.4+00:00

    Hi Christine,

    I would appreciate some more details.

    I was asking a few questions to better understand the issue before recommending a solution. Please provide the requested details so I can continue troubleshooting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. SD - IA 180.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T00:07:33.05+00:00

    Hello,

    I will walk through a few steps with you. Some of these are just to help figure out what is wrong, not to fix it right away. So if nothing changes after a step, that is normal. I will keep going until we solve it.

    I can’t log in on my desktop using my pin.

    Please tell the exact error that happens when you try to log in using your PIN. If possible, please add a photo.

    Did the PC updated recently?

    Troubleshoot Problems Signing In to Windows

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-signin/troubleshoot-problems-signing-in-to-windows

    I look forward to hearing from you to get the results of the troubleshooting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.