Windows Hello not working

Hansel 20 Reputation points
2026-10-03T10:47:39.41+00:00

So, my Windows Hello isn't working and I cannot take it off because the case is grey and locked. But I cannot configure it either because every time I try to do so, the window/tab just opens and closes right away. Im stuck and my PC is going to get locked soon because it said I've loged in too many times with my email adress and my phone number.

Please help, that's quite an emergency

User's image

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 270.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-10-03T13:27:51.3666667+00:00

For the first one - Disconnect that university account. Restart the computer. That alone might address the issue.

If not, please provide the information.

For the second one, after you run the command, it should return your username and SID. I need to see the SID, it should look similar to this:

User's image

For the third one, you need to click on the arrow for each folder on the left to expand it to find your next folder using this path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\Device

User's image

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hansel 20 Reputation points
    2026-10-03T13:23:13.48+00:00

    Okay, first, there is an organisation listed in the Access Work or School, it's my university.

    Second, it's my name and account and adds this : C:\Windows\System32>

    Third, there are things I couldnt find? I get here : User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.