Windows Activation Key Error

Tanvir Hasan Chowdhury 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T10:01:05.5233333+00:00

I am a running student, and I have successfully verified and logged in with my student ID. I got the prompt to view the windows activation key, but it always fails, says unable to retrieve key.

Windows for home | Other | Licensing and activation
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T10:37:46.1766667+00:00

    1

    Where did you get your Windows licence was that pre-installed on the PC or did you purchase a full retail Windows licence from Microsoft or from a 3rd party retailer?

    Or is your Windows licence based on a previous Windows 7 or 8 licence?

    2

    Click your Start Button, type cmd then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

    Run or paste this command and hit Enter:

    slmgr.vbs /dlv

    Please post a screenshot of the resulting dialog

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.