Trying to reset password for a pc.

Baeburn 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T06:46:42.2766667+00:00

Every thing I've looked up says to boot in safe mode with command prompt, but when I go in there it asks me for the password that I don't have. How can I reset the password, while I don't remember what it is?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 936.6K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T07:23:28.6733333+00:00

    Please provide some more information on this, are you able to get into Windows normally without entering a password?

    There is a known problem where the password will not work in the recovery environment or in Safe Mode,

    1

    Do you usually log into Windows with a Microsoft account or a local account?

    2

    What problem are you experiencing that you need to start Windows in Safe Mode.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Horace Wiggins 535 Reputation points
    2026-09-30T17:49:55.1166667+00:00

    Who owns the computer? Are they the administrator? You can look at this link for more information on changing a password or creating a new password.

    https://www.bing.com/search?q=how%20to%20change%20your%20microsoft%20account%20password%20site:microsoft.com&form=B00032&ocid=SettingsHAQ-BingIA&pageId=SettingsPageSignInOptions&mkt=en-US

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.