Sign-In Nightmare

James E Conley Jr 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T22:45:35.4433333+00:00

I need a codec for an old WIN 10 machine I use for a specific purpose. It's available in the APP store. Should be an easy transaction, I thought. HAH!! I'm met with: PROVE you are you. I enter into an endless loop of sign-in options I haven't a clue about, password change demands, needing to enter my credentials over and over, where copy/paste doesn't work. All for a $2 extension. Pure absurdity. I finally got signed into store to make my purchase. "OOOPs, something went wrong on our end. Please try later." Can't make it up.
Is there a simple way to sign-in across Microsoft world and stay signed in, in one or two steps?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

4 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Manoel Barros 22,055 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-29T23:30:09.1733333+00:00

    Hi!

    Which codec exactly do you want to buy?

    Regarding the Microsoft Store issue, it could be a problem specific to the Store or a general one. Do you use other Microsoft apps, such as Office, 365, Clipchamp, or OneDrive? If so, do they work normally?

    Windows Update might also be having issues, so check if it is installing updates as it should:

    1. Open System Configuration > Click ''Windows Update'' > ''Check for updates''.
    2. Download all available updates. Click ''Advanced Options'' > ''Optional Updates'' > Select all available drivers and updates > Click ''Download and Install''.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.