Urgent Assistance Required – Microsoft Account Recovery and BitLocker Recovery Key

walid chafroud 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T10:57:09.92+00:00

After installing the Windows update and restarting the computer, Windows unexpectedly requested the BitLocker Recovery Key. I have identified the Microsoft account associated with the device:

Microsoft account: nourn......a@g***m

Unfortunately, I no longer remember the password for this account.

I attempted to recover the account using Microsoft's password recovery process. However:

  • The recovery option using the associated phone number is currently not working.
  • I also tried the alternative recovery method using another email address.
  • The recovery form asks for previous passwords that I no longer remember, so I am unable to complete the verification process.
  • The computer remains locked by BitLocker and I cannot access Windows without the recovery key.

The BitLocker recovery key should be associated with this Microsoft account, so recovering access to the account is essential for me to retrieve the key and regain access to the computer and its data.

Could you please assist me with the Microsoft account recovery process or advise me on any alternative verification method that can be used to verify ownership of the account and recover access?

I am able to provide additional information about the device and account ownership if required.

Thank you very much for your assistance. This is an urgent situation as I currently cannot access the computer or the data stored on it.

Walid Chafroud

Windows for home | Other | Recovery and backup
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Virginia M 42,155 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-29T14:06:58.4866667+00:00

    Hello, I’m Virginia.

    Have you tried your browser’s Incognito mode &/or a non-Chrome-related browser like Firefox? Some users have had success passing the secondary verification with this method.

    I’ll give you all options available to home users:

    Please note we’re fellow users like yourself & have no access to accounts.

    Try recovering your account here:

    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/you-can-t-sign-in-to-your-microsoft-account-475c9b5c-8c25-49f1-9c2d-c64b7072e735

    You can try also https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact & type Account Recovery in the box, then choose the Contact Support tab above & select Windows, then recovery from the drop down menus.

    If none of the above work then you’ll require the account recovery form:

    https://account.live.com/acsr Account recovery is automatic for Home users so there’s no manual review/2nd tier support.

    Please note if you have 2/multi-factor authentication active on your account then you cannot use the form to recover the account.

    If you’re successful in changing the details then you may find that the account is limited for 30 days, this is a security feature & cannot be circumvented.

    Please be aware that if 2fa/mfa has been enabled then usually there’s nothing which can be done.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. walid chafroud 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-29T11:33:59.8766667+00:00

    that not solving the problem
    i must reset possword for the gmail account to get the bitlocker key
    when i Use another available verification method if shown, such as Show more verification methods it ask me for old passwords that i dont have
    verification with phone number is is currently not working

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.