issue with my personal Microsoft account

Saxena, Satish Kumar 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T17:30:34.9966667+00:00

Hi Microsoft team

I have a personal microsoft account with login id **PII ****@gmail.com.

This account is stuck in parental control since way too long time , I tried all possible stuff mention in solution blogs but this doesnt work and stuck in loop still. I even waited one month with account recovery option but still same.

I have purchased products like mincraft etc with that account and those i am not able access.

Can u please help me it please on priority.

Regards

Satish kumar Saxena

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Family and online safety
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David Seabrook 5 Reputation points
    2026-09-25T18:15:41.9966667+00:00

    Hello Satish Kumar Saxena,

    Sorry you've been stuck in this loop, I will do all i can here to assist you.

    If your personal Microsoft account is incorrectly being treated as a child account, Microsoft has specific guidance for correcting the account information when “I'm an adult, but Microsoft thinks I'm a child.” Here is the link for your reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/manage/how-to-change-a-birth-date-on-a-microsoft-account

    I would start with Microsoft's parental-consent troubleshooter. Microsoft specifically notes that if the birthdate on the account indicates you're underage, this tool guides you through the appropriate steps to correct it.

    If the account belongs to a Microsoft Family group, an organizer can also manage membership and, where applicable, remove consent before removing an account from the family group.

    Official Microsoft resources:

    Because you have purchases associated with the account, I would concentrate on resolving the Family Safety/consent status rather than creating a replacement account.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.