Bitlock recovery issue

Mike 0 Reputation points
2026-09-22T16:45:55.0866667+00:00

Hello Microsoft support,

i’ve recently come across an issue when booting up my PC the bit lock recovery screen. I understand I needed to visit a specific website aka.ms/my recovery key however, upon logging in to my account, no matter the device network or mobile data, browser, it will NOT allow me access to my account. The screen will go white and infinitely still as soon as I’m logged in. I’ve tried several different devices and at this point it just seems I’m locked out of my account. I’m unable to access my bit lock recovery key in my account. This is a nightmare and I have no idea what to do to get my PC working without the key which requires me being able to successfully get into the aka.ms site.

Windows for home | Other | Recovery and backup

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. EmilyS726 270.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-22T17:20:40.69+00:00

    Is this where you looked? https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey

    If your account is still locked, go here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/manage/microsoft-account-has-been-locked Click on the Sign in button to go through the unlock process.

    The bitlocker page can sometimes have issue like you described, and it is typically temporary server side related, but let's get your account unlocked first, so you can try again in case the link wasn't correct.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.