Opening and reading PDF files in Microsoft Edge on iOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi everyone,
Read aloud is an extremely important feature for me that singlehandedly made me want to switch my browser to Microsoft Edge. Unfortunately, while the feature works on mobile on normal websites, it doesn't work for pdfs. Has anyone had any success with this?
Opening and reading PDF files in Microsoft Edge on iOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi AndreyRafael,
Thank you for your response. So how would I use the Read Aloud feature if I have the pdf opened on another app? I am using the native pdf reader on the Edge iOS app so surely it should work. I've also tried with many other pdfs and I've seen quite a few other posts on this issue by others so it appears that the feature may not be supported. I know desktop users had an issue with the Read Aloud feature on pdfs previously but this has been resolved so maybe the same issue is persisting on mobile.
How do I reset the browser on the iOS app? Yes, it’s up to date.
Hi Don,
Oh, apologies I didn't know I was using two accounts actually, thanks for letting me know!
Hi AndreyRafael,
Thank you for your response. So how would I use the Read Aloud feature if I have the pdf opened on another app? I am using the native pdf reader on the Edge iOS app so surely it should work. I've also tried with many other pdfs and I've seen quite a few other posts on this issue by others so it appears that the feature may not be supported. I know desktop users had an issue with the Read Aloud feature on pdfs previously but this has been resolved so maybe the same issue is persisting on mobile.
@Mohammad Sultan1 and Mohammad Sultan2
It's not a violation of the Code of Conduct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/page/faq#faqCodeConduct to have and use two accounts here, but it's a bad idea to post to the same thread with both. If you are getting help from an Independent Advisor, as you are, that person will only see posts from the original poster. They won't see posts from the other profile.
In other words, AndreyRafael won't see the reply from Mohammad Sultan2 You will have to reply from the account that started the thread.
Don
Hello Mohammad, how are you doing?
Welcome to the Microsoft community!
I'm glad to be able to assist you at this time.
--
I'm sorry to hear that it's not working for PDFs on your mobile device.
One possible reason for this could be that the PDF you are trying to use the Read Aloud feature on is not compatible with Edge's PDF reader. In this case, you could try opening the PDF in a different PDF reader app and see if the Read Aloud feature works there.
If that doesn't work, you could try clearing the cache and cookies on your Edge browser or try reinstalling the app. These steps may help to resolve any issues with the Read Aloud feature.