I noticed that you’re using English in your posts although this is a German forum, I’ll continue in English so my answer is as clear and helpful as possible. If you’d prefer me to switch to German, just let me know and I’ll gladly do so.
Hi @Alexander Geckler
If your only Global Administrator and are locked out, please contact the Microsoft Data Protection team, as they are the only team that can assist with this issue. The Microsoft Data Protection team has the appropriate tools and processes to verify account ownership and assist with restoring access. As a fellow forum user, I can only offer general guidance and basic troubleshooting. I don’t have access to account recovery tools, and users in this forum cannot verify your identity or restore your administrator account.
You can find the appropriate customer service phone numbers at this link: Customer service phone numbers.
(Choose Work account scroll down to Technical support phone numbers and find the Phone number of your country)
Please remember to provide them with your account details and explain the situation. Be ready to provide:
- The company name used during subscription
- Billing email address (even if it’s a personal Microsoft account)
- Payment method details (last 4 digits of the card, billing address)
- Any subscription ID or invoice numbers from billing email
When you call the support number, you may hear an introduction of about 30 seconds such as "you can visit the link...". You can ignore this introduction and wait until you are presented with the options. Then press "1" as a business email user, and again "1" for technical help.
To make the process smoother, here’s an example of how to respond when speaking to the automated system (IVR):
IVR: What kind of problem are you concerned about?
You: Authenticator.
IVR: What kind of product do you use?
You: Office 365 for business.
IVR: education or company account?
You: For companies
IVR: Are you an administrator?
You: Yes.
IVR: Do you have the other administrator in your organization?
You: No.
IVR: Do you need a... Service request?
You: Yes
These prompts help direct your call to the right support team more quickly, especially when dealing with account lockouts and authentication issues.
I hope this information is helpful. Please understand that fellow forum users can provide only general guidance and troubleshooting suggestions. I do not have access to Microsoft’s internal systems, account recovery tools, or identity-verification processes, nor do I have the authority to reset authentication methods or restore administrator access. Any further assistance with account recovery must come directly from the appropriate Microsoft Support team.
Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.