Hello,
Today I accidentally removed the Outlook.com alias ******@outlook.com from my Microsoft account ******@gmail.com while trying to change my primary sign-in alias.
The alias ******@outlook.com has been used for many years and is registered with a large number of services and contacts.
After removing the alias, Outlook automatically assigned a temporary Outlook address:
******@outlook.com
My Microsoft account is still active, I can still sign in, and all my emails and data are intact.
However, emails sent to ******@outlook.com are now returned with an error saying that the address cannot be found.
The alias was removed only a few hours ago and the removal was unintentional.
Is there any possibility for Microsoft to restore or reconnect the alias ******@outlook.com to my original Microsoft account?
Thank you for any help or escalation you can provide.
I am the original owner of the alias and it was attached to my Microsoft account immediately before it was removed.