No option to add a phone number as a sign-in alias under “Manage how you sign in”

Jonathan Chen 0 信誉分
2026-10-06T13:51:06.1133333+00:00

On my Microsoft account page, clicking “Your info” > “Edit account info” takes me to the “Manage how you sign in” page. From what I understand, I should be able to add a phone number there and use it as an account username/alias. However, it seems there may be an issue with the current system: only email addresses can be added, and there is no option to add a phone number. As a result, I can’t add or change a phone number. I’m not sure whether this is now the standard behavior for everyone or whether something is wrong. How should this be configured? What steps should I take? Does it need to be enabled by an administrator? Please help me look into this. Thank you.

I also suggest improving this area in the future. For a company as large as Microsoft, this simple settings page is surprisingly confusing. For example, after I sign in to one account, it sometimes gets mixed up with another account, and both accounts are shown together, so I don’t know which one I’m actually working with. I won’t go into that here.

Windows 家庭版 | Windows 10 | Windows Hello、锁屏界面和登录
0 个注释 无注释

1 个答案

排序依据: 非常有帮助
  1. DaveM121 937.2K 信誉分 独立顾问
    2026-10-06T14:24:41.27+00:00

    微软宣布将停止支持 Microsoft 账户的短信恢复代码功能,用户无法再向账户添加新的电话号码;微软建议改用 Authenticator 应用、通行密钥(PassKey)或添加新的电子邮件地址来进行账户恢复。

    https://support.microsoft.com/zh-cn/accounts-billing/manage/microsoft-account-security-info-verification-codes

    此答案是否有帮助?

    0 个注释 无注释

你的答案

提问者可以将答案标记为“已接受”,审查方可以将答案标记为“已推荐”,这有助于用户了解答案是否解决了提问者的问题。