Repeated VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 0x116 and LiveKernelEvent 141

LIN J 20 信誉分
2026-09-20T12:35:29.69+00:00

I have been experiencing repeated system crashes on my Windows 11 desktop PC.

The problem first occurred recently and then became much more frequent on 18 September 2026. On 18 September, the PC crashed several times within a short period. The display suddenly went black, audio stopped, and Windows restarted. In some cases the PC remained powered on with the fans and lighting still running while the system itself was unresponsive.

Reliability Monitor repeatedly recorded LiveKernelEvent 141, followed by BlueScreen / BugCheck 116 (0x00000116) and unexpected shutdown events.

After these crashes, the NVIDIA App also displayed an error/crash notification.

I then booted into Windows Safe Mode, where the system appeared stable. My NVIDIA graphics driver had previously been installed since July and had not recently been changed. I subsequently installed the latest NVIDIA graphics driver.

I also physically checked the graphics card. I reseated/secured the GPU in the PCIe slot, made sure the motherboard's PCIe retention mechanism was locked, and checked/reseated the GPU power connector.

On 19 September, the computer worked normally for the entire day without a crash.

However, on 20 September at approximately 13:23, the same problem occurred again. The display suddenly went black and audio stopped. The PC remained powered, with fans and lighting operating. Windows subsequently restarted.

Reliability Monitor again recorded LiveKernelEvent 141, followed by BlueScreen 116 / VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE.

The BugCheck was:

0x00000116

I would like assistance analysing the crash dump and determining whether the root cause is the NVIDIA graphics driver, GPU hardware, PCIe communication, power delivery, or another Windows/hardware issue.

PC specifications:

  • Motherboard: MSI MAG B850M Mortar
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 9700X
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5060 Ti 16GB
  • RAM: 32GB DDR5 NANYA
  • SSD: WD_BLACK SN850X 2TB
  • OS: Windows 11
Windows 家庭版 | Windows 11 | 性能和系统故障
0 个注释 无注释

问题作者接受的答案
DaveM121 937K 信誉分 独立顾问
2026-09-20T13:08:07.3166667+00:00

请上传您拥有的所有 minidump 文件,我会检查这些文件,看看能否找到系统崩溃的潜在原因。

非常重要 - 请勿上传大型的 Memory.dmp 文件。

请注意,我无法从百度云盘下载文件,请使用其他云服务(例如 OneDrive)上传。

打开 Windows 文件资源管理器。

导航至 C:\Windows\Minidump 目录。

将所有 minidump 文件复制到桌面,然后将其压缩成 zip 文件。

将 zip 文件上传到云端(例如 OneDrive),然后选择共享并获取共享链接。

然后将 zip 文件的链接发布到这里,以便我们帮您查看。

此答案是否有帮助?

1 个人认为此答案很有帮助。

0 个其他答案

排序依据: 非常有帮助

你的答案

提问者可以将答案标记为“已接受”,审查方可以将答案标记为“已推荐”,这有助于用户了解答案是否解决了提问者的问题。