Unable to register an Individual Microsoft Edge extension developer account - Something went wrong

aixie shen 0 信誉分
2026-07-22T04:01:28.88+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to register an Individual developer account for the Microsoft Edge Extensions program in Partner Center.

I am using a personal Microsoft account, not a work or school account. I selected the Individual account type and entered my real country/region and contact information.

However, after submitting the registration form, Partner Center repeatedly displays:

"Something went wrong. Please try again, if the problem persists please contact Microsoft support."

Correlation IDs:

  • [PII Removed]
  • [PII Removed]

Environment:

  • Program: Microsoft Edge Extensions
  • Account type:[PII Removed]
  • Publisher display name:[PII Removed]
  • Operating system: Windows
  • Browser: Microsoft Edge
  • Date:[PII Removed]
  • Time zone:[PII Removed]

I have already tried:

  1. Signing out and signing in again.
  2. Using Microsoft Edge InPrivate mode.
  3. Clearing cookies and browser cache.
  4. Disabling browser extensions and VPN.
  5. Confirming that I am using a personal Microsoft account.
  6. Submitting the registration again.

The error still occurs and generates a new Correlation ID each time.

Could the Microsoft Edge Extensions or Partner Center team please inspect the backend logs using these Correlation IDs and check whether my enrollment is stuck or requires a manual reset?

Please let me know how I can complete the Individual developer enrollment.

Thank you.

Microsoft Edge | 浏览器扩展 | Windows 11
0 个注释 无注释

1 个答案

排序依据: 非常有帮助
  1. Alex-L 12,985 信誉分 Microsoft 外部员工 审查方
    2026-07-22T13:57:07.3+00:00

    Please refrain from posting your personal information here in this public forum for your privacy and security.

    Also note that this is ZN-CN forum, all thread should be posted in Chinese, but I will still use English for your case today.


    Hi aixie shen

    Based on your description, this appears to be a Partner Center enrollment issue rather than a browser or account issue. The Microsoft Edge Extensions team is the only group that can investigate the backend logs associated with your Correlation IDs. Similar registration failures have required Partner Center-side investigation or fixes.

    Sign in to Partner Center: Partner Center and check Account Settings > Programs > Microsoft Edge for any enrollment status or actions required.

    When contacting support, include:

    • Correlation IDs
    • Date/time of the failed attempts
    • Publisher display name
    • Account type
    • Confirmation that you are using a personal Microsoft account

    Also double-check that all required address fields, including any State/Province field, are completed exactly as accepted by Partner Center.

    Hope you'll get this sorted out!

    此答案是否有帮助?

    0 个注释 无注释

你的答案

提问者可以将答案标记为“已接受”,审查方可以将答案标记为“已推荐”,这有助于用户了解答案是否解决了提问者的问题。