How do I remove the list under “Choose an account” in the top-right corner of the Edge browser on macOS?

Eli Ounces 0 信誉分
2026-04-06T06:48:17.3566667+00:00

Screenshot 2026-04-06 at 14.28.57

I logged into my email account in Outlook on my MacBook, and then signed out. However, the sign-in prompt still appears in the top-right corner of Edge, and when I click “Sign in to Sync,” it logs me in immediately without any issues. This is very insecure. I’ve tried various methods to remove it, but every attempt has failed.

To resolve this, I tried the following methods:

1. I first checked to see if there were any relevant accounts in my Mac’s Password & Security settings and Internet Accounts under System Settings, but after checking, I didn’t see “******@outlook.co” in the top-right corner.

2. I opened “Keychain Access” on macOS to check for any entries related to “******@outlook.com.” I found “com.microsoft.oneauth.XXXXX” and deleted it. However, when I reopened Edge, not only did the list in the top-right corner remain, but a new “com.microsoft.oneauth.XXXXX” entry had also regenerated in Keychain Access.

3. I tried completely uninstalling Edge, including the configuration files in the Library, using AppCleaner. I also used the command

grep -r “******@outlook.com” ~/Library 2>/dev/null

to scan for any remaining files and delete them one by one. After that, I restarted my computer, but when I opened Edge, the message “Choose An Account ******@outlook.com Sign in to Sync” still appeared in the top-right corner.

4. I completely uninstalled Edge again and used the “Microsoft_Office_License_Removal_2.7.pkg” tool you provided. I also deleted the relevant entries in Keychain Access and restarted my computer. However, when I opened Edge, the entry in the top-right corner was still there.

5. I logged into my account and selected “Sign out of all devices.” Now, I can only say that I won’t log back in, but the list is still there, which is still a security risk.

The only way I can get rid of this list right now is to reinstall my operating system or create a new user account, but that’s a solution I simply can’t accept. Can anyone help me? How can I resolve this issue?

Microsoft Edge | 个人资料、同步和登录 | MacOS
0 个注释 无注释

1 个答案

排序依据: 非常有帮助
  1. Alex-L 12,985 信誉分 Microsoft 外部员工 审查方
    2026-04-09T07:57:19.76+00:00

    Please note that this is ZH-CN Q&A Forum, any threads should be posted in Chinese. However, I will still provide an answer in English based on your initial response. 


    Hi Eli Ounces

    This behavior is not caused by leftover Edge data or an incomplete uninstall.

    On macOS, the “Choose an account” list shown by Edge comes from Microsoft OneAuth credentials stored in the macOS Keychain, not from Edge profiles, Edge settings, or Internet Accounts. Any Microsoft app that uses OneAuth (Outlook, Office, OneDrive, Teams, Edge, etc.) can silently recreate these Keychain entries.

    That’s why:

    • Deleting com.microsoft.oneauth.* works only temporarily
    • Uninstalling/reinstalling Edge does not help
    • Removing Library files, licenses, or profiles has no effect
    • “Sign out of all devices” does not remove local macOS tokens

    As long as OneAuth tokens exist in the Keychain (or are recreated by another Microsoft app), Edge will keep offering the account and allow passwordless re‑sign‑in. There is currently no supported per‑account “forget” option on macOS.

    At the moment, the only confirmed ways to permanently remove the list are:

    1. Reset the macOS Keychain (Keychain Access → Settings → Reset Default Keychains). This removes all saved credentials and is destructive.
    2. If you keep using Microsoft apps that trigger OneAuth, the entry will keep coming back.

    This is a platform design limitation on macOS, not your misconfiguration. Hopefully this can clarify a bit more.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    此答案是否有帮助?


你的答案

提问者可以将答案标记为“已接受”,审查方可以将答案标记为“已推荐”,这有助于用户了解答案是否解决了提问者的问题。