Network adapters not working after network reset (Realtek, TP-Link, USB tethering)

2026-03-20T09:57:53.54+00:00

Hello, I am facing a serious network issue on my Windows PC.

Before performing the Network Reset, I was already having issues with my TP-Link wireless USB adapter. I tried using two different TP-Link adapters, but both of them did not work on this computer. However, both adapters worked normally on other computers.

Because of that, I used USB tethering from my phone to access the internet. While doing so, I decided to perform a Network Reset in Windows to try to fix the issue.

After the Network Reset, the situation became worse.

Now, all of my network adapters are not working properly.

In Device Manager, all network adapters show a yellow warning icon. This includes:

Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller (Ethernet)

TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter (Wi-Fi)

Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device (USB tethering)

I am currently unable to connect to the internet using any method, including Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB tethering.

I have already tried reinstalling the drivers for both the Realtek Ethernet and TP-Link adapter. I also uninstalled the devices from Device Manager and restarted the computer multiple times, but the issue still remains.

Previously, I had virtualization software installed such as VMware and Hyper-V, but I have already removed them.

At this point, it seems like Windows is unable to properly initialize any network adapter.

I would like to know if this could be caused by a corrupted network stack in Windows. Would running the command "netcfg -d" be an appropriate solution to completely reset and rebuild all network components?

Also, is there any risk involved in using that command?

This issue happened after using the built-in Network Reset feature in Windows.

For reference, I have attached two screenshots taken after the reset, and one screenshot taken before the reset for comparison.
24456

24463

24457

Windows 家庭版 | Windows 10 | Internet 和连接
0 个注释 无注释

1 个答案

排序依据: 非常有帮助
  1. Carl-L 23,100 信誉分 Microsoft 外部员工 审查方
    2026-03-21T07:05:05.4366667+00:00

    Disclaimer: This is the forum for zh-cn locale. However, I will support you in English since the original post is in English. If you need help using your local language, please let me know.


    Hello wangbobzheng wang,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Based on what you've described, I suspect that there might be some corruption in the network stack or a damaged system file. netcfg -d is designed to remove and rebuild these, so using this is a reasonable option. The side effect of it is that it will delete all VPN clients, virtual switches, third party firewalls,... You can still reinstall them afterward. Also, the custom settings will be reset as well, and you will be offline until the drivers reinstall themselves back.

    If that doesn't work, before we proceed further, may I know the details of the error when you click on it?

    I'm waiting for your reply.

    此答案是否有帮助?


你的答案

提问者可以将答案标记为“已接受”,审查方可以将答案标记为“已推荐”,这有助于用户了解答案是否解决了提问者的问题。