I can't login with my hotmail password but with GitHub

Mert Gör 20 Saygınlık puanı
2026-08-25T15:55:15.85+00:00

Hello,

Thanks first of all

I know my password but I can't login with it. I can login with GitHub authentication. I try to login with Google Chrome

Is there something that I miss ?

Thanks !

Note : I am on Ubuntu 24.04 LTS , I can use Progressive Web Application for Office suite and hotmail account on Thunderbird but I am not sure about the login issue.


Moved from Microsoft 365 ve Office | Access | Diğer | Diğer

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Hesap yönetimi, güvenlik ve gizlilik
0 yorum Açıklama yok

Soru yazarı tarafından kabul edilen yanıt
Chloe-V 13,620 Saygınlık puanı Microsoft Harici Personeli Moderatör
2026-08-26T03:20:28.4633333+00:00

Disclaimer: I noticed that your language is set to tr-TR, but your request was submitted in English. To maintain consistency and clarity, I will continue to respond in English.


Hi Mert Gör

Since you can sign in using GitHub, your GitHub identity is likely linked to the same Microsoft account as an alternative sign-in method. Your Microsoft account password is separate from your GitHub password.

Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas only.

After signing in with GitHub, please check that the Hotmail address shown in your Microsoft account is the one you are trying to access. Then sign out, return to the Microsoft sign-in page, select Sign-in options, and try the password option.

If the password is still not accepted, please use the Microsoft account sign-in troubleshooter to check the account and reset the Microsoft account password if necessary: Microsoft account sign-in helper.

Ubuntu, Chrome, Thunderbird, and the Office progressive web app should not change which Microsoft account password is used. Could you also provide the exact message displayed when the password sign-in does not work?


Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

1 kişi bu yanıtı yararlı buldu.

0 ek yanıt

Sıralama ölçütü: En yararlı

Yanıtınız

Yanıtlar, soru sahibi tarafından ‘Kabul Edildi’ ve moderatörler tarafından ‘Önerildi’ olarak işaretlenebilir, bu da kullanıcıların yanıtın yazarın sorununu çözdüğünü bilmelerine yardımcı olur.