Persistent CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT or hard freeze issue on Windows 10 Build 10240

ahmet taşkıran 20 Saygınlık puanı
2026-08-22T14:32:59.5133333+00:00

My system has the following hardware:

  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060
  • Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550M-K
  • RAM: 16 GB (2×8 GB), dual-channel, 2666 MHz
  • BIOS: Version 4201, default settings
  • CPU: No overclocking and no manual voltage increase

I am trying to install Windows 10 Build 10240 (version 1507), but the system becomes completely unstable immediately after a fresh installation. Within approximately 5 minutes of installation, one of two things happens:

  • The system completely freezes and becomes unresponsive, or
  • I receive a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (0x101) BSOD.

The freezes are extremely severe. The system becomes so unresponsive that Windows cannot even generate a dump file.

I have already tried the installation both with and without an Internet connection, and the result is the same.

I also want to clarify the following:

  • The ISO is not corrupted. I downloaded it from a reliable source and tried the installation again, with the same result.
  • I have not installed any third-party drivers after the fresh installation.
  • The CPU has not been overclocked.
  • I have not increased the CPU voltage.
  • BIOS is currently using its default settings (Version 4201).
  • RAM is running at 2666 MHz.
  • The problem occurs even with a clean, minimal installation.
  • I have also tested various BIOS settings, including enabling and disabling CSM, Global C-State Control, CPPC/CPPC Preferred Cores, and related CPU performance/power-management options. These changes did not resolve the problem.
  • The system crashes so quickly that I cannot even install updates manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog before the crashes occur.

One important detail is that Windows 10 Version 1511 works stably on the exact same hardware. I have also tested later versions such as 1607 and 1703, and they are stable as well.

The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (0x101) crashes and hard freezes appear to occur specifically with Windows 10 Build 10240 (version 1507).

Because Windows 10 Version 1511 and later versions run stably on this system, could this be a compatibility issue between Windows 10 Build 10240 and the Ryzen 5 3600/B550 platform?

What BIOS settings, installation methods, or troubleshooting steps would you recommend to determine the cause of this issue? Is there any known issue with Windows 10 Build 10240 on Zen 2/Ryzen 3000 or B550 platforms?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.My system has the following hardware:

  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060
  • Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550M-K
  • RAM: 16 GB (2×8 GB), dual-channel, 2666 MHz
  • BIOS: Version 4201, default settings
  • CPU: No overclocking and no manual voltage increase

I am trying to install Windows 10 Build 10240 (version 1507), but the system becomes completely unstable immediately after a fresh installation. Within approximately 5 minutes of installation, one of two things happens:

  • The system completely freezes and becomes unresponsive, or
  • I receive a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (0x101) BSOD.

The freezes are extremely severe. The system becomes so unresponsive that Windows cannot even generate a dump file.

I have already tried the installation both with and without an Internet connection, and the result is the same.

I also want to clarify the following:

  • The ISO is not corrupted. I downloaded it from a reliable source and tried the installation again, with the same result.
  • I have not installed any third-party drivers after the fresh installation.
  • The CPU has not been overclocked.
  • I have not increased the CPU voltage.
  • BIOS is currently using its default settings (Version 4201).
  • RAM is running at 2666 MHz.
  • The problem occurs even with a clean, minimal installation.
  • I have also tested various BIOS settings, including enabling and disabling CSM, Global C-State Control, CPPC/CPPC Preferred Cores, and related CPU performance/power-management options. These changes did not resolve the problem.
  • The system crashes so quickly that I cannot even install updates manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog before the crashes occur.

One important detail is that Windows 10 Version 1511 works stably on the exact same hardware. I have also tested later versions such as 1607 and 1703, and they are stable as well.

The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (0x101) crashes and hard freezes appear to occur specifically with Windows 10 Build 10240 (version 1507).

Because Windows 10 Version 1511 and later versions run stably on this system, could this be a compatibility issue between Windows 10 Build 10240 and the Ryzen 5 3600/B550 platform?

What BIOS settings, installation methods, or troubleshooting steps would you recommend to determine the cause of this issue? Is there any known issue with Windows 10 Build 10240 on Zen 2/Ryzen 3000 or B550 platforms?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows Ev | Windows 10 | Performans ve sistem hataları
0 yorum Açıklama yok

Soru yazarı tarafından kabul edilen yanıt
Tamer Tug 53,965 Saygınlık puanı Gönüllü Moderatör
2026-08-22T18:45:31.6833333+00:00

merhaba

windows 10'a destek sonlandı desteğin sonlanması ne anlama geliyor buradan bakabilirsiniz

cihazınız eksi sürümlerde driver çakışması oluyor bu yüzden sorun olmayan sürümleri kurmanız gerekir

kolay gelsin

Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

1 kişi bu yanıtı yararlı buldu.
0 yorum Açıklama yok

2 ek yanıt

Sıralama ölçütü: En yararlı
  1. Tamer Tug 53,965 Saygınlık puanı Gönüllü Moderatör
    2026-08-29T13:49:23.26+00:00

    merhaba

    rica ederim sorununuzun çözülmesine sevindim

    kolay gelsin

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

    0 yorum Açıklama yok

  2. ahmet taşkıran 20 Saygınlık puanı
    2026-08-29T12:41:09.7333333+00:00

    Hello again. i have upgraded to version 10.0.10240.16393 my problem has been solved.

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

    0 yorum Açıklama yok

Yanıtınız

Yanıtlar, soru sahibi tarafından ‘Kabul Edildi’ ve moderatörler tarafından ‘Önerildi’ olarak işaretlenebilir, bu da kullanıcıların yanıtın yazarın sorununu çözdüğünü bilmelerine yardımcı olur.