I can't reopen my closed Microsoft account.

Usta 0 Saygınlık puanı
2026-08-15T09:00:41.3866667+00:00

Need help recovering a Microsoft account I accidentally closed 2 day ago

Hello everyone,

I accidentally closed my Microsoft account 2 day ago while trying to change my primary alias.

Originally, my primary alias was my Gmail address. I created a new @outlook.com alias and made it the primary alias. Later, I tried to switch back to my Gmail address, but I did something stupid and I accidentally closed the account.

Now I’m trying to reopen the account, but the verification code is being sent only to the @outlook.com alias. The problem is that I cannot access that Outlook mailbox, so I can’t receive the verification code. Plus, Microsoft does not give me any alternative option.

Since the account was closed today, I believe it should still be within the reactivation period. Is there any way to recover or reactivate the account if I can’t access the Outlook alias that receives the verification code?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Hesap yönetimi, güvenlik ve gizlilik
0 yorum Açıklama yok

1 yanıt

Sıralama ölçütü: En yararlı
  1. Haytham-C 5,630 Saygınlık puanı Microsoft Harici Personeli Moderatör
    2026-08-16T03:48:49.79+00:00

    Please note that this is Turkey Q&A Forum, any threads should be posted in Turkish. However, I will still provide an answer in English based on your initial response.


    Hello Usta and thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A. I understand that you want to reopen an account that you accidentally close recently.

    Before we proceed may I ask:

    • What is your account domain? Was it @outlook, @live, or any other domain?
    • Is it a personal or a work/school account?

    If this is a personal account, according to Microsoft you will have a minimum window of 60 to 90 days before Microsoft close your account permanently:
    Kullanıcının resmi

    But you can still reopen the account if it has not passed that wait time, and you can refer to this article on how to do it: Reopen your Microsoft account

    Please try to follow the steps using the Sign-in Helper to reopen your account, and if your account is a different type and not a personal one, please do let me know so I can provide further support.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".    

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.   

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?


Yanıtınız

Yanıtlar, soru sahibi tarafından ‘Kabul Edildi’ ve moderatörler tarafından ‘Önerildi’ olarak işaretlenebilir, bu da kullanıcıların yanıtın yazarın sorununu çözdüğünü bilmelerine yardımcı olur.