Feedback and Request for Excel VBA/Outlook Automation Support in New Outlook

Ferhat DERİN 0 Saygınlık puanı
2026-08-13T22:02:06.7066667+00:00

Dear Microsoft Türkiye Team,

I would like to share my feedback and request regarding my company's decision to transition from the classic Outlook application to the new Outlook as part of our Microsoft 365 environment.

I am an active Microsoft Office user who relies extensively on Excel and Outlook integration and VBA-based automation for daily business processes. For a long time, I have been using Microsoft 365 applications, particularly Excel and Outlook, together to automate and improve my workflow.

Through VBA solutions developed in Excel, I am able to:

  • Create automated email reports,
  • Process Excel data according to specific criteria and send the results to relevant recipients through Outlook,
  • Automatically prepare daily and periodic reports,
  • Eliminate repetitive manual tasks,
  • Significantly reduce the time required to prepare and distribute reports,
  • Reduce the risk of human error in operational processes.

The classic Outlook application has allowed these Excel VBA-based processes to work efficiently through integration with Outlook. However, with the transition to the new Outlook, the lack of support for or restrictions on VBA-based Outlook automation make a significant portion of the automation solutions developed over the years unusable.

From my perspective, this is not simply a matter of losing a software feature. Disabling the automation tools that I rely on in my daily work means that reports and email processes that previously took only a few minutes will have to be performed manually again. This will directly result in a loss of productivity, increased workload, additional time consumption, and a higher risk of operational errors.

I believe one of the fundamental purposes of Microsoft 365 is to increase productivity for users and organizations, reduce repetitive tasks, and enable different Microsoft Office applications to work effectively together. Therefore, the fact that VBA-based automation solutions developed by users over many years become unusable when transitioning to the new Outlook creates a significant migration and productivity challenge, particularly for corporate users.

I fully support the development of the new Outlook in terms of security, performance, and modern architecture. However, I believe that these improvements should also take into consideration the automation solutions that users and organizations have built over the years and that have become an integral part of their business processes.

In this context, I would like to request the following from Microsoft Türkiye:

  1. Restore support for Excel VBA and Outlook integration in the new Outlook, or provide an official and reliable solution that allows existing VBA-based Outlook automation to continue functioning.
  2. Provide a migration method that allows corporate users transitioning from classic Outlook to new Outlook to continue using their existing VBA-based automation solutions without losing functionality.
  3. If VBA support has been restricted for security or architectural reasons, provide corporate users with a secure and officially supported Microsoft alternative that offers equivalent functionality.
  4. Take into consideration the needs of users who rely on Excel–Outlook integration for automated reporting, email creation, data processing, and information distribution as part of future product development.

As an active Microsoft Office user who relies on these automation capabilities to improve daily business processes, I expect the new Outlook to enhance productivity rather than reduce the productivity capabilities that users have already established.

For this reason, I respectfully request that my feedback be forwarded to the relevant Microsoft product development teams and that the possibility of restoring or providing a reliable alternative for Excel VBA/Outlook integration in future versions of the new Outlook be reconsidered.

I believe that allowing users to continue using their existing automation solutions through a secure and sustainable method is highly important for the corporate user experience and for achieving the productivity objectives of Microsoft 365.

Thank you for taking the time to review my feedback. I would appreciate it if you could provide me with any information regarding the evaluation of this request or any recommended Microsoft-supported solution for maintaining these automation processes in the new Outlook.

Kind regards,

Microsoft 365 Corporate User

Outlook | Windows | Windows için Yeni Outlook | Kurumsal
0 yorum Açıklama yok

2 yanıt

Sıralama ölçütü: En Eski
  1. Kai-L 19,920 Saygınlık puanı Microsoft Harici Personeli Moderatör
    2026-08-13T22:15:09.06+00:00

    As your issue description is primarily written in English, I will provide my response in English for your convenience. Please feel free to let me know if you would prefer the information in another language.  

    Dear Ferhat,

    Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and well-reasoned piece of feedback. Your concerns are entirely legitimate, and I imagine many corporate users who have built VBA-based automation over the years share them.

    I do need to be upfront with you, though. This is a public, user-to-user community forum rather than an official Microsoft channel, so a letter addressed to Microsoft Türkiye will not reach the product teams here. I would not want your effort to go unseen simply because it was posted in the wrong place.

    To make sure it actually reaches the people who can act on it, I would recommend you visit the Ideas · Community to submit a new idea or vote on existing one, as that is where the relevant team is most active. It is worth searching first, as there may already be existing entries on VBA support in New Outlook that you could upvote and add your comments to. An existing idea with combined votes usually carries more weight than several separate posts. As a moderator, I will also pass your feedback along for consideration. While moderators do not directly influence product design, feedback is genuinely reviewed and does help shape future development. If you would prefer, I am also happy to submit it to the portal on your behalf.

    On the practical side, I appreciate this does not solve your immediate problem. If your automation is business-critical, it may be worth discussing with your IT team whether Classic Outlook can remain available during a transition period while an alternative approach is evaluated.

    I appreciate your patience and understanding as New Outlook continues to evolve, and I hope your feedback reaches the right people. Please let me know if you need anything else.

    As other users will also search information in this community, your valuable vote will definitely also help other users who have similar queries easily to find the correct channel and useful information more quickly.  


    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?


  2. Kai-L 19,920 Saygınlık puanı Microsoft Harici Personeli Moderatör
    2026-08-14T15:44:28.0833333+00:00

    As your issue description is primarily written in English, I will provide my response in English for your convenience. Please feel free to let me know if you would prefer the information in another language.  

    Dear Ferhat,

    Thank you for your kind words, and I understand why you were looking for a direct channel. To be honest with you, there is no public email address for the Outlook product team, and no direct contact person that can be shared. Microsoft deliberately routes product feedback through structured channels rather than individual inboxes, largely because feedback sent to a single person tends to get lost, whereas the portal creates a tracked record with visible support from other users.

    I should also mention that I do not have an official email address I can share for this. Everything I can help with needs to stay within the forum, which I appreciate is not ideal for a matter as detailed as yours. That said, the feedback portal genuinely is the channel the product teams monitor, and it is not merely a suggestion box. If you would prefer, I am happy to submit it to the portal on your behalf, as I offered earlier. Please just let me know.

    If you have found my responses helpful, I would really appreciate it if you could upvote and mark the answer as accepted on your post, as it also helps other community members who come across the same question.

    I hope your feedback reaches the right people, and I am sorry the route is not more direct. Please let me know if you need anything else, and wishing you all the best.

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

    1 kişi bu yanıtı yararlı buldu.
    0 yorum Açıklama yok

Yanıtınız

Yanıtlar, soru sahibi tarafından ‘Kabul Edildi’ ve moderatörler tarafından ‘Önerildi’ olarak işaretlenebilir, bu da kullanıcıların yanıtın yazarın sorununu çözdüğünü bilmelerine yardımcı olur.