I can't close my Microsoft account because it says I must leave an organization first. The associated Entra tenant (Default Directory) is blocked due to inactivity (AADSTS5000225).

Mert Akın 0 Saygınlık puanı
2026-07-02T16:50:05.5966667+00:00

I cannot close my Microsoft account because it says I must leave an organization first. However, the associated Entra tenant "Default Directory" is blocked due to inactivity (AADSTS5000225), so I cannot sign in to leave it. Please remove the blocked tenant association from my Microsoft account or allow me to close my Microsoft account.

Microsoft 365 ve Office | Abonelik, hesap, faturalandırma | Kurumsal | Windows
0 yorum Açıklama yok

1 yanıt

Sıralama ölçütü: En yararlı
  1. Darren-Ng 12,775 Saygınlık puanı Microsoft Harici Personeli Moderatör
    2026-07-03T04:19:41.2166667+00:00

    Note: Since you are using English, although the site locale is Turkish (tr-tr), I will response to this question in English. This response has been translated using the translation tool; Please forgive me for any grammatical or semantic errors. Thank you for your understanding. If there is anything unclear about my reply, please leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  

    Dear @Mert Akın,

    Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Based on your description, you cannot close your Microsoft account because it is associated with a "Default Directory" organization, but the tenant is blocked due to inactivity (AADSTS5000225), preventing you from signing in and leaving the organization. You wonder how to remove the tenant association or close the Microsoft account.

    The issue appears to be related to a Microsoft Entra ID (Azure AD) tenant that has been blocked due to inactivity. When a tenant is in this state, users cannot access the tenant to perform self-service actions such as leaving the organization. Since the account closure process requires you to leave the associated organization first, and the tenant is inaccessible due to the AADSTS5000225 error, you may not be able to resolve this through the portal yourself.

    In this scenario, the correct and recommended action is to contact Microsoft Support team directly through their Official Support site so the appropriate team can remove the tenant linkage on the backend.

    If you are an Admin, you can use this link to find the appropriate contact number: Global Customer Service phone numbers - Microsoft Support

    And if you can't create a support ticket during the call, I recommend creating a temporary tenant account and submitting the support request from there.

    To create a new tenant, follow these steps:

    1. Visit Office 365 E3 - Enterprise Collaboration and Productivity | Microsoft    
    2. Select any plan and click Try for free.    
    3. Complete the setup to create a new tenant.    
    4. Ticket support: In the Microsoft 365 admin center>support>help & support. You can create a support ticket: https://admin.microsoft.com/#/support/requests     

    Important: Please remember to cancel the trial subscription once your issue is resolved to avoid any charges.  

    Note: Please understand that as forum moderator, my primary goal is to provide helpful guidance and support through general troubleshooting steps. While I don’t have access to internal systems or test devices required to resolve backend issues, I truly appreciate your understanding of these limitations. I genuinely hope the information I share helps guide you in the right direction, and I'm always here to assist as much as I can within my scope.   

    I hope information above meet your expectations, please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

    0 yorum Açıklama yok

Yanıtınız

Yanıtlar, soru sahibi tarafından ‘Kabul Edildi’ ve moderatörler tarafından ‘Önerildi’ olarak işaretlenebilir, bu da kullanıcıların yanıtın yazarın sorununu çözdüğünü bilmelerine yardımcı olur.