Microsoft Edge Sync Reset with Registry Sync Disable (Windows 11 25H2)

NPLGlitcherPatcher 350 Saygınlık puanı
2026-01-23T06:51:23.44+00:00

Hello,

I am using Windows 11 Home, version 25H2. To reset synchronization in Microsoft Edge, I followed these steps:

I executed the following commands in Administrator CMD:

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /f

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v SyncDisabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

These commands were successful, and when I logged into Microsoft Edge, the data did not sync (because I blocked it via registry).

Then, I selected the Sync Reset option in Microsoft Edge settings.

My questions are:

Will this method work correctly for resetting synchronization?

How long does the Sync Reset process usually take?

Microsoft Edge | Profil, eşitleme ve oturum açma | Windows 11
0 yorum Açıklama yok

6 yanıt

Sıralama ölçütü: En Yeni
  1. SD - IA 180.3K Saygınlık puanı Bağımsız Danışman
    2026-01-26T15:54:33.9033333+00:00

    Hi,

    Reset sync deletes all the data in the cloud, not locally as the local data is kept. This is why they recommend signing out of every device to prevent sync again.

    I hope this information helps. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

    Otherwise, please take a moment to rate the answer. Wishing you good luck!

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

    0 yorum Açıklama yok

  2. NPLGlitcherPatcher 350 Saygınlık puanı
    2026-01-25T14:29:29.0933333+00:00

    Hi, my main question is this:

    Will resetting sync work when sync is off and not synced? (Microsoft Edge) And will it delete everything, including bookmarks? That's what I was really asking. (And I manually reset my bookmarks in Microsoft Edge a few days ago, that's all.)

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

    0 yorum Açıklama yok

  3. Silindi

    Bu yanıt, Kullanım Kurallarımızın ihlali nedeniyle silindi. Yanıt, eylem gerçekleştirilmeden önce otomatik algılama aracılığıyla el ile bildirilmiş veya tanımlanmıştır. Daha fazla bilgi için lütfen Kullanım Kurallarımıza bakın.


    Yorumlar kapatıldı. Daha fazla bilgi edinin

  4. SD - IA 180.3K Saygınlık puanı Bağımsız Danışman
    2026-01-25T12:11:33.37+00:00

    Teşekkür ederim. Bu garip.

    Hesabınız başka bir MS Edge Kurulumuna da giriş yaptı mı? Lütfen çapraz kontrol et.

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?


  5. SD - IA 180.3K Saygınlık puanı Bağımsız Danışman
    2026-01-23T15:23:03.9+00:00

    Teşekkürler, şimdi bir gelişme var mı?

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?


Yanıtınız

Yanıtlar, soru sahibi tarafından ‘Kabul Edildi’ ve moderatörler tarafından ‘Önerildi’ olarak işaretlenebilir, bu da kullanıcıların yanıtın yazarın sorununu çözdüğünü bilmelerine yardımcı olur.