Lost global admin access for my Microsoft 365 business account

BlackandBlue Mix 0 Saygınlık puanı
2025-11-06T12:05:21.54+00:00

Hello, I am the global admin and owner of the tenant ---PII removed---. I lost access to my global admin account (---PII removed---), and the password reset page sends a code to an email address that I cannot access (---PII removed---). I need to recover admin access. I can verify my ownership with domain, billing, or company information. Please escalate this case to the Data Protection Team for tenant ownership verification.

Thank you. ---PII removed--

Microsoft 365 ve Office | Access | Kurumsal | Windows
0 yorum Açıklama yok

1 yanıt

Sıralama ölçütü: En yararlı
  1. Anonim
    2025-11-06T12:40:09.38+00:00

    Hi @BlackandBlue Mix, 

    Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum, and I truly hope the following steps will help you resolve this quickly. 

    In situations where you are the only admin for the tenant and have lost access as described, you are correct, the case needs to be handled by the Microsoft Data Protection Team. They have the tools and processes to verify tenant ownership and help restore access. 

    However, I want to clarify that as a forum moderator, I don’t have the ability to access accounts, reset passwords, or escalate cases on your behalf. What I can do is guide you through the most effective way to reach the right team. Please contact Microsoft Support directly using the official phone numbers: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support 

    Here are some tips and an example of a prompt to help you navigate the IVR more effectively: 

    (When you call the support number, you may hear an introduction of about 30 seconds such as "you can visit the link...". You can ignore this introduction and wait until you are presented with the options. Then press "1" as a business email user, and again "1" for technical help.)   

    In some regions, the initial interaction may be automated, so here’s a general idea of how the conversation might go to help you prepare:     

    • What kind of problem are you experiencing?        
    • Answer: Authenticator        
    • What products do you use?        
    • Answer: Office 365 for business        
    • Is this for an education or company account?        
    • Answer: For companies        
    • Are you an administrator?        
    • Answer: Yes        
    • Are there any other administrators in your organization?        
    • Answer: No. I am the only admin in my tenant         
    • Do you need a... Service request?         
    • Answer: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me direct to the Data Protection Teams.    

    If you're still unable to get through to support, there is a workaround you might consider: You can register for a new Microsoft 365 tenant by signing up for a trial subscription here: Compare Office 365 Enterprise Plans and Pricing | Microsoft 365. Once the new tenant is created, you can access the admin center and submit a support ticket from there, requesting to speak with the Data Protection Team on behalf of your original tenant.  

    Note: Please remember to cancel the trial subscription once your issue is resolved to avoid any unintended charges. 

    I truly hope these steps help you connect with the right team and successfully regain access to your tenant. If you have any updates or further questions, feel free to reply here. I’ll do my best to support you however I can.  


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?


Yanıtınız

Yanıtlar, soru sahibi tarafından ‘Kabul Edildi’ ve moderatörler tarafından ‘Önerildi’ olarak işaretlenebilir, bu da kullanıcıların yanıtın yazarın sorununu çözdüğünü bilmelerine yardımcı olur.