My email address is being misused in another person's Microsoft account

Anonim
2025-06-05T01:04:48+00:00

Dear Microsoft Support,

My personal Gmail address (abu********@gmail.com) appears to have been used by someone I do not know to register a Microsoft account.

I have no association with this individual or the account, yet I **** receiving frequent security codes and account-related messages from Microsoft.

Since Gmail treats dotted and non-dotted addresses as the same (e.g., abu********@gmail.com and a.bu********@gmail.com), this issue is directly affecting my inbox.

I kindly request that you investigate this issue and remove my email address from any account it may have been mistakenly linked to.

Thank you for your assistance.

Outlook | Mobil için Outlook | Android için Outlook | Kurumsal

Kilitli Soru. Bu soru Microsoft Destek Topluluğu’ndan aktarıldı. Yararlı olup olmadığını belirtmek için oy verebilirsiniz ancak yorum veya yanıt ekleyemez ya da soruyu takip edemezsiniz.

0 yorum Açıklama yok

1 yanıt

Sıralama ölçütü: En yararlı
  1. EmilyS726 270.7K Saygınlık puanı Bağımsız Danışman
    2025-06-05T01:41:29+00:00

    Hello,

    This is typically due to typo done on the other person's end. You two must have similar email addresses. If someone signed up and never verified their Gmail address (apparently they cannot access it), you don’t actually own that Microsoft account, even though it is using your Gmail. Microsoft treats that Outlook.com account as a valid Microsoft account, but it is in a "low trust" state unless email verification is done. You cannot claim, recover, or delete that account unless you have the login credentials or access to that account’s recovery options. Microsoft will not release or close the account at your request because the Microsoft account technically is not considered yours.

    I would suggest two options:

    Leave it

    Your Gmail is not at risk. This type of issue is typically due to typo on the other user. If no email verification was done on their end, they can't really "use" the account properly. Any serious use (like buying Xbox subscriptions, using OneDrive, or password reset) would require them to verify your Gmail, which they cannot do. So the account typically gets abandoned and then eventually close out on its own due to inactivities (takes two years though).

    Report it:

    Go here: https://msrc.microsoft.com/report/ Scroll down and click on outlook spam to get the address to email to. And report it as "I believe someone is impersonating me".

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?

    0 yorum Açıklama yok