Urgent: Receiving Security Alerts for an Old Hotmail Account I Cannot Access

SIKARN LIKITSRIKARNCHANA 0 แต้มความนิยม
2026-07-11T16:38:38.7966667+00:00

Dear Support team,

I would appreciate your help recovering my old Hotmail account. I haven't used this account for many years, but recently I've been receiving notifications that someone has been attempting to access or hack it.

I have tried submitting the account recovery form multiple times, but each time I receive a message saying that I haven't provided enough information to verify ownership.

The account is linked to my current Gmail address, which I have successfully verified. Because of this, I was hoping there might be another way to confirm my identity and regain access to the account.

My main goal is simply to sign in and permanently close or deactivate the account, since I no longer use it. It's very frustrating to keep receiving security notifications about an account that I can't access myself.

Could you please advise me on the best way to recover or close this account?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Sikarn Likitsrikarnchana

Outlook | เว็บ | Outlook.com | การจัดการบัญชี ความปลอดภัย และความเป็นส่วนตัว
0 ความคิดเห็น ไม่มีข้อคิดเห็น

1 คำตอบ

เรียงลำดับตาม: มีประโยชน์มากที่สุด
  1. Darhyl Amizola 50,080 แต้มความนิยม ที่ปรึกษาอิสระ
    2026-07-11T17:33:00.51+00:00

    Hey there! Nice to meet you!

    If you do not have any linked verification methods for a password reset, I'm afraid the only way to recover the account is through the account recovery web form: https://account.live.com/acsr

    Important: If you have an active 2FA, ACSR will inform you that your recovery request will be ignored. If you only receive a message that the recovery request is either successful or indicates insufficient information, this means that 2FA is disabled.

    You'll need to keep trying until you're verified by Microsoft, and you can do this up to 2 times every 24 hours.

    Please be advised that Microsoft Support will not be able to grant you access to your account.

    In case you are unable to recover the account in order to manually close/delete it, it would be best to wait for the account to be deleted due to inactivity since you mentioned that you haven't signed in to it for many years.

    As stated by Microsoft, accounts that have not been signed in or have been locked for more than 2 years will be deleted due to inactivity, and they can no longer be recovered: https://support.microsoft.com/topic/microsoft-account-activity-policy-7c0a9fa7-0982-b7c6-fd72-df852b63699f

    Lastly, you may block the security notification emails in your Outlook mailbox by right-clicking the email in your inbox, selecting "Block," and then "Block Sender."

    Thank you for your understanding.

    Best regards,

    Darhyl

    คำตอบนี้มีประโยชน์หรือไม่

    0 ความคิดเห็น ไม่มีข้อคิดเห็น

คำตอบของคุณ

คำตอบสามารถทำเครื่องหมายว่า “ยอมรับ” โดยผู้เขียนคำถาม และ “แนะนำ” โดยผู้ดูแลระบบ ซึ่งจะช่วยให้ผู้ใช้ทราบว่าคำตอบนั้นแก้ไขปัญหาของผู้เขียนได้