Transfer Windows 11 Pro for Workstations Retail digital license to a new PC after hardware change

Marcus Lilljeberg 0 Ryktespoäng
2026-10-05T19:37:40.67+00:00

Hello,

I need help transferring my Windows 11 Pro for Workstations license from my old PC to a new PC.

On my old PC ("Ivars-PC"), Windows 11 Pro for Workstations is activated and Windows states that the digital license is linked to my Microsoft account.

I have also checked the license using slmgr /dlv. It shows:

Edition: Windows ProfessionalWorkstation

Description: Windows Operating System, RETAIL channel

Product Key Channel: Retail

License Status: Licensed

Both my old PC ("Ivars-PC") and my new PC ("Ivves-PC") are linked to the same Microsoft account.

I have installed Windows 11 Pro for Workstations on the new PC, so the Windows edition now matches the old PC exactly.

However, when I use Activation Troubleshooter → "I changed hardware on this device recently", Windows cannot reactivate the license on the new PC. The reactivation window says: "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices."

Could you please help me transfer/reassign my existing Windows 11 Pro for Workstations Retail digital license from Ivars-PC to Ivves-PC?

I am not trying to use the license on both computers. I want to transfer the existing license from the old PC to the new PC.

Please let me know if I need to deactivate the license on Ivars-PC first, or if you can reassign the digital license to Ivves-PC from your side.

Windows för hemmet | Windows 11 | Licensiering och aktivering
0 kommentarer Inga kommentarer

1 svar

Sortera efter: Mest användbara
  1. EmilyS726 271.9K Ryktespoäng Oberoende rådgivare
    2026-10-05T20:13:34.44+00:00

    Pro for Workstation is typically an upgrade license, to upgrade from Pro to Pro for Workstation. . On the new computer, do you currently have Pro edition already installed and activated?

    If so, do this, You can go to Settings > System > Activation > Change product key

    Disconnect internet, and disable any third party antivirus, key in the generic key instead:

    DXG7C-N36C4-C4HTG-X4T3X-2YV77

    That should get you to Pro for workstation. Once restarted, you can connect back to the internet, sign into your Microsoft account that was used to purchase the license. Then run the troubleshooter again.

    Var det här svaret till hjälp?

    0 kommentarer Inga kommentarer

Ditt svar

Svar kan markeras som godkända svar av personen som ställde frågan, och som rekommenderade svar av moderatorerna, vilket hjälper användarna att veta om svaret löste problemet.