I cannot login to mail and am stuck in MFA Microsoft Authenticator loop

Patrik Artell 5 Ryktespoäng
2026-08-07T19:19:10.36+00:00

Dear Microsoft I have for several days spoken to support using my private account login

which is recovery mail for my business mail since my business mail login is stuck in an MFA Microsoft Authenticator Loop. ,

I have in promising support chat been told that I am to receive a mail within 24-48 hours for a procedure to solve my problem, but nothing has arrived?

I really need help and am stuck in this loop whatever link I follow and no matter what I do.

Please, please help me.

Sincerely Yours,

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams för företag | Övrigt

1 svar

Sortera efter: Mest användbara
  1. Lin v 1,550 Ryktespoäng Oberoende rådgivare
    2026-08-07T19:45:30.9233333+00:00

    As your issue description is primarily written in English, I will provide my response in English for your convenience. Please feel free to let me know if you would prefer the information in another language.


    Hi Patrik,

    Good day, and I’m sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue.

    May I ask whether you have received any email from Microsoft that includes a tracking ID or case number?

    If you have received one, that usually means your support request has been successfully created in the system and is currently waiting in the queue for assignment to a support engineer. In that case, the case is still progressing, although there may unfortunately be some delay before the next update.

    If you have not received any email containing a tracking ID or case number, or if it has been a long time since you received the initial confirmation email, I'd recommend creating a new support ticket. This helps ensure that your request has been properly registered in the support system and allows you to obtain a new case number that can be tracked and followed up on.

    Just to briefly clarify before we go any further, independent consultants, including myself, are members of the community and do not have access to user account settings, and cannot assist with logging in, changing access rights or directly escalate cases to the Data Protection Team. However, we’ll continue doing our best to support you within the scope of our responsibilities.   

    If you decide to create a new support ticket, you may follow the instructions below:


    1/ Call the support hotline:

    You can find Microsoft's support numbers here:

    Customer service phone numbers: Contact Microsoft customer support | Microsoft Support(Work account)

    When contacting Microsoft, be prepared to verify ownership of the subscription. You may be asked for information such as:

    • Organization name
    • Billing or payment information
    • Registered phone number
    • Alternate email address

    Once your identity is verified, the privacy team will be able to reset your MFA settings. You can then reset your account in the Microsoft Authenticator app on your new device or choose a different authentication method to sign in.

    Tips for navigating the IVR:

    In some countries, an automated voice system is used. Example of a dialogue:

    IVR: What problem is bothering you?

    Client: Lost access to the only admin account

    IVR: What product do you use?

    Customer: Office 365 for business

    IVR: School or Business Account?

    Client: Companies

    IVR: Are you an administrator?

    Client: Yes

    IVR: Is there another administrator in your organization?

    Client: No. I am the only admin in my tenant

    IVR: Do you need to create a support ticket?

    Client: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me direct to the Data Protection Teams.


    2/ In case you are unable to contact the frontline support:

    Consider signing up for a trial subscription (select "Try for free") to create a new tenant. Once set up, you can access the new tenant's admin console and submit a support ticket to speak with the data protection team on behalf of the previous tenant.

    Important notes:


    If another administrator is available, you can also consider contacting them and asking if they can reset the MFA settings for the affected account through the Microsoft Entra admin center. This is usually the faster way to regain access.

    For reference: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID | …


    I hope this helps point you in the right direction. If you have any updates or additional questions, feel free reach out.


    If you find the answer helpful, click "Yes." If you have any additional questions about this answer, click "Comment."

    Note: Follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable email notifications if you would like to receive alerts related to this thread.

    Var det här svaret till hjälp?


Ditt svar

Svar kan markeras som godkända svar av personen som ställde frågan, och som rekommenderade svar av moderatorerna, vilket hjälper användarna att veta om svaret löste problemet.