Microsoft Authenticator doesn’t show me push notifications

Alex Samyraj 0 Баллы репутации
2026-09-29T14:10:43.58+00:00

Hello. I have a personal Microsoft account and Microsoft Authenticator is not receiving sign-in approval requests.

I am trying to sign in to a third-party service. After entering my email verification code, I am asked to approve the sign-in in Microsoft Authenticator. The sign-in page shows a number that should be entered/approved in the Authenticator app.

However, NO sign-in request appears in Microsoft Authenticator. The app only displays my account and an 8-digit verification code. There is no prompt and no place to enter the number shown during sign-in.

I have already:

  • removed the account from Microsoft Authenticator;
  • reinstalled the Authenticator app;
  • added my account again;
  • changed my Microsoft account password;
  • checked notification permissions;
  • tried signing in again.

The problem is still exactly the same.

I can receive verification codes by email and I can access my Microsoft account, but Authenticator does not receive the push/number-matching request.

Please check whether my Authenticator registration/device registration is corrupted or incomplete and tell me how to reset and re-register the Authenticator sign-in method for my personal Microsoft account.

I need to use Authenticator to sign in to the third-party service, but the approval request never reaches my phone.

Microsoft 365 и Office | Прочее
Microsoft 365 и Office | Прочее

Другие темы, которые не попадают под определенные категории.

Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

1 ответ

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные
  1. Lychee-Ng 28,910 Баллы репутации Внешний персонал Microsoft Модератор
    2026-09-30T07:19:43.1866667+00:00

    This is posted in the Russian section, but since you are using English, the content below has been written in this language. Let me know if you want to change to a different option. 


    I can feel your confusion, Alex Samyraj.

    To make sure I can give most suitable guidance, can I ask what is your phone model (iOS or Android), and what exactly is the third-party service you're trying to sign into?

    Another thing to note is that according to Microsoft's official article: push notifications do not support non-Microsoft accounts. So, when the number-matching window appears, is it a Microsoft sign-in page, or is it displayed directly by the third-party service?

    Пользовательское изображение

    For the former case, if you're actually trying to sign in with a personal Microsoft account in a third-party service, then make sure the device needs to be registered first. Since we're not certain what's happening yet, please review the following steps one more time to see if you got it correctly:

    1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com/security and sign in.
    2. Select Manage how I sign in > check if Authenticator is currently listed e.g. Пользовательское изображение
    3. If it is, expand and Remove that > Add another way to sign in to your account Пользовательское изображение
    4. Use an app > open Authenticator > add an account > scan a QR Code. Пользовательское изображение
    5. Finish the registration and completely close the application.
    6. Sign out of the Account page above > sign back in
    7. Choose to send notification > test if it works.

    Sometimes the push notifications won't go through if you are in the application itself, so closing it is something worth trying. Make sure the phone is connected to the Internet.

    Этот ответ помог вам?


Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.