The computer may just shut down unexpectedly at some random time. Kernel power 41

Alexander 0 Баллы репутации
2026-09-15T18:02:18.42+00:00

The computer may just shut down unexpectedly at some random time.

This can happen in the morning or in the evening, whether the system is under heavy or minimal load.

Here’s what happens: the system is running, running, running, and then—boom—the image freezes for about 20 seconds; the sound is still there, the screen goes dark, the monitor turns off because there’s no response from the system unit to display the image, and Windows 11 automatically restarts. If any updates are available, Windows forces an update.

I ran into this problem about 4 months ago. During that first month, my computer kept shutting down on its own (on average once every 2 days); then some Windows 11 update came out, and the shutdowns stopped completely. Recently, some new Windows 11 updates were released, and the random computer shutdowns started again.

The dump files indicate that nvlddmkm.sys is responsible for the forced reboots, but I suspect that Windows is also involved in this; I’ve already written to NVIDIA support.

My computer is about 3 years old and is based on an RTX 3060 and an i5-12400F.
Four dump files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_e2RPoiEtEMkNGsz-lKlsUs7fWp3Es9J?usp=drive_link

Windows для дома | Windows 11 | Установка и обновление
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ответы: 2

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные
  1. Alexander 0 Баллы репутации
    2026-09-21T21:24:43.6233333+00:00

    I downloaded DDU.

    I downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers beforehand.

    I used the DDU tool as shown in the tutorial.

    I turned off my internet connection and installed the NVIDIA drivers I had downloaded earlier,

    but the computer still shut down on its own with the same error.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eblv-tSApL9yqMZujDZdrW85-SSFPnOJ/view?usp=sharing

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

  2. David-M 127.1K Баллы репутации Независимый помощник
    2026-09-15T18:42:18.72+00:00

    Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.


    The minidumps indicate the Nvidia driver "nvlddmkm.sys" as the cause of the crashes. No other driver is mentioned.

    I suggest performing a clean install of the Nvidia driver as instructed below.

    Download the latest driver for your graphics card from the Nvidia website. Then, use the free DDU tool to remove the current driver. Then, install the latest driver using the installer you downloaded.

    (I suggest disconnecting from the internet during the entire procedure.)

    DDU: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

    Nvidia driver download: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/details/278453/

    (Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.)


    See if the system works stably after this.

    If the crash occurs again after doing this, please share the minidump it created.


    If you need a tutorial for using DDU, I recommend the video below.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP-2B14Nckw


    Feel free to ask any questions you may have.


    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.