Hacked Xbox/Microsoft account — email changed to attacker's address, ACSR keeps saying "account doesn't exist", chat support refuses escalation

Anton 10 Баллы репутации
2026-07-23T10:22:49.25+00:00

Hello,

My Microsoft/Xbox account was compromised, and I've exhausted every self-service recovery option available. I'm hoping someone here — ideally a moderator with Microsoft escalation access — can point me toward a working path forward.

Account details:

  • My original email: [Moderator Note: Personal Info Removed]@gmail.com
  • Xbox Gamertag: [Moderator Note: Personal Info Removed]
  • Approximate account creation date: 2012
  • The account's sign-in email has been changed by an attacker to: [Moderator Note: Personal Info Removed]@helainehor.com — I never created or linked this address.

What happened:

I can no longer sign in with my own email — both login.live.com and login.microsoftonline.com say "account doesn't exist" / "we couldn't find an account with that information." When I try the login flow through my saved credentials, I do reach a screen showing the attacker's email as the current sign-in address, confirming the account still exists and hasn't been deleted — it's just been taken over.

What I've already tried (all failed):

  • account.live.com/acsr — submitted multiple times, always results in "account doesn't exist"
  • login.live.com and login.microsoftonline.com — same error
  • Xbox Support online chat — the virtual agent classifies this as a routine "can't sign in to the Xbox network" issue and explicitly states chat/phone support isn't available for that category
  • Microsoft Virtual Agent (vsa.services.microsoft.com) — requires signing in to the same compromised account to proceed, which is obviously not possible
  • Messaged @XboxSupport on X/Twitter — received only automated replies redirecting to support.xbox.com, no human follow-up

Proof of ownership I can provide:

  • A previous account password
  • Active Xbox Game Pass subscription, paid through September 2026
  • Recent purchases: GTA 5, Call of Duty, Path of Exile, Path of Exile 2 (June 2026)
  • Games with significant playtime: Conan Exiles (1000+ hours), Tecthonica
  • Friends list names and other account-specific details available on request

Since every automated tool has led to a dead end, is there any way to get this manually reviewed by someone with backend access? I understand moderators here usually can't intervene directly, but if there's a specific escalation path, category, or contact for cases where ACSR itself is broken (not just failing due to missing info, but rejecting the account entirely), I'd really appreciate the guidance.

Thank you.


Moved to Безопасность Майкрософт | Intune | Другие

Outlook | Интернет | Outlook.com | Управление учетной записью, безопасность и конфиденциальность
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

1 ответ

Сортировать по: Самые старые
  1. Chloe-V 13,450 Баллы репутации Внешний персонал Microsoft Модератор
    2026-08-05T03:35:04.79+00:00

    Disclaimer: I noticed that your language setting is ru-RU, while your request was submitted in English. To ensure consistency and clarity, I will continue responding in English.


    Hi Anton

    Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data.

    I’m sorry to hear that your Microsoft/Xbox account was compromised and that the sign-in address was changed without your permission. I understand how frustrating this situation is, especially after you have already tried the available recovery methods without success.

    Because your original email address is no longer recognized by the system, please use Microsoft’s Sign-in Helper and select the option indicating that your account was compromised or that your username is no longer working:

    You may also try contacting Microsoft Support directly:

    • Open Contact Microsoft Support.
    • Select Show expanded list of products.
    • Select Outlook > Get Home support.
    • Enter Account Recovery in the search box, then select Get Help > Contact Support.
    • If you cannot sign in with the affected account, sign in with another Microsoft account to access the available support options.
    • Under Products & Services, select Other Products > Manage Account Security.
    • Select Chat with a support agent via web browser, if that option is displayed.

    When you reach a support agent, explain clearly that this is an account-takeover case in which the attacker changed the primary sign-in address. Also state that the Account Recovery Form cannot recognize the original email address and displays an “account doesn’t exist” message.

    Please note that Microsoft Community moderators cannot access account records, restore aliases, change security information, or bypass the account-recovery process. Microsoft support agents are also not permitted to send password-reset links or directly change account details. Recovery must still be completed through Microsoft’s ownership-verification process.

    To protect your other accounts, secure your original email account, change any reused passwords from a trusted device, scan your devices for malware, and keep your receipts and security-notification emails. Do not share passwords, verification codes, full payment-card details, console IDs, or other personal information on a public forum.

    I hope the Sign-in Helper or Microsoft Support can identify the account and provide the appropriate recovery option.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.