Unable to Sign In to My University Microsoft 365 Account

Aygul Hajizada 0 Баллы репутации
2026-06-06T13:46:56.77+00:00

Hello,

I am a university student and I am unable to access my Microsoft 365 account.

When I try to sign in using my university email address ([Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]****@stud.vdu.lt), I receive the following message:

"This username may be incorrect. Please check that you entered it correctly. If not, please contact your administrator."

Previously, I also received the error:

"Something went wrong while setting up your account. Please try again."

I have carefully checked the email address multiple times and I am sure it is correct. However, I cannot sign in to Outlook, Microsoft 365, or any related Microsoft services.

Could you please check whether this account exists in the Microsoft system and whether there is any issue with its activation or configuration?

I have attached screenshots of the error messages for reference.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Outlook | Windows | Новое приложение Outlook для Windows | Для бизнеса
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ответы: 2

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные
  1. Liora D 18,930 Баллы репутации Внешний персонал Microsoft Модератор
    2026-06-06T14:23:28.96+00:00

    I noticed that you posted your question in English, so I’ll respond in English to make sure the explanation is clear and easy to follow. If you’d prefer a reply in a different language, please let me know. 


    Dear @Aygul Hajizada,

    I hope you’re having a good day.

    Thank you for reaching out and for explaining your situation so clearly. I understand that right now you’re unable to sign in to your university Microsoft 365 account, even though you’re sure the email address is correct and I can imagine how confusing and frustrating that must feel.

    Based on the error messages you’re seeing “This username may be incorrect”, this typically indicates that the system is currently not recognizing your account in the Microsoft tenant. In other words, it’s not reaching the password or authentication step at all but stopping earlier during the account lookup process.

    I’d like to reassure you that this usually does not mean you entered the wrong email, but rather that something may not yet be fully set up or active on your university’s side. The earlier message you received (“Something went wrong while setting up your account”) also suggests that your account may not have been fully provisioned or activated yet.

    Since your email address belongs to a university domain, your Microsoft 365 account is completely managed by your university’s IT organization. This means that account creation, activation, licenses, and access permissions are all controlled by them, not by Microsoft directly and not through this forum.

    At this point, the best and fastest way forward would be to contact your university’s IT helpdesk or student support service and let them know:

    • You are unable to sign in
    • You are receiving a “username may be incorrect” message
    • Your account may not be activated or correctly configured

    They will be able to check whether your account exists in the system, whether it has been properly set up, and if anything needs to be adjusted.

    If you’re unsure who your administrator is, this article may help: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin?

    Please don’t worry, situations like this are quite common with newly created or recently updated student accounts, and in most cases your university IT team can resolve it quickly once they check the backend.

    If you have any additional questions or if something is unclear, feel free to come back and let me know. I’ll be more than happy to assist you further.

    If my response has helped you better understand the situation and guided you toward a possible next step, please consider marking it as the “Accepted answer.” Doing so will pin the thread to the top, making it easier for others to discover your question and see the pioneering effort you have made in raising this issue. It also helps users searching with related keywords find the discussion more quickly and benefit from the insights shared. 

    Wishing you all the best, and I hope your access will be restored very soon!

    Warm regards, 


    If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".    

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Один пользователь счел этот ответ полезным.
    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

  2. Aygul Hajizada 0 Баллы репутации
    2026-06-06T14:58:29.5233333+00:00

    Thank you so much!

    Этот ответ помог вам?


Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.