can't log into my xbox account, all methods don't work

Терешин Олег 0 Баллы репутации
2026-05-15T09:43:45.4366667+00:00

Hello,

I'm hoping someone from the Microsoft support team can help me with a very frustrating account recovery situation that I haven't been able to resolve through standard channels.

The problem:

I've been locked out of my Microsoft/Xbox account that I created approximately 7 years ago. The account is currently blocked due to multiple failed sign-in attempts while I was trying to regain access.

What I know about the account:

  • My current Gamertag
  • My password (and several possible password variants)
  • The email address I used to register
  • The country and region I registered from
  • Approximate date the account was created

Why standard recovery methods don't work:

  1. Date of birth — I don't remember the exact date of birth I entered when I was a child creating this account 7 years ago. The account recovery form gets rejected because of this.
  2. Phone verification — Microsoft does not send verification codes to Russian phone numbers, so I cannot verify via SMS.
  3. No backup email — I didn't link a recovery email address to the account at the time.
  4. No product key — My copy of Minecraft was purchased through the Apple App Store, so I don't have a Microsoft product key to use as proof of ownership.
  5. Support chat — I've already contacted Microsoft/Xbox support agents multiple times through live chat, but they were unable to help due to the same limitations above.

Current account status:

The account is temporarily locked due to too many failed sign-in attempts. I have not attempted to sign in again and am waiting for the lockout to expire.

What I'm asking for:

I understand that account security policies exist for good reasons, and I'm not asking to bypass them. I'm simply asking if there is an escalated verification process or an alternative way to prove ownership of this account given my specific circumstances — being in Russia where SMS codes don't work, and having created the account as a child without remembering every detail.

I genuinely own this account and have been using it for years. Over the course of playing Minecraft, I also collected capes throughout my entire time using the account — they mean a great deal to me personally, and losing access to them makes this situation even more important to resolve.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Microsoft Security | Intune | Прочее
Microsoft Security | Intune | Прочее

Прочие связанные с Intune темы, включая неподдерживаемые сценарии и поведение для конкретных платформ

Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.